Craft Cafe

.Angelica.
Need ideas
January 25, 2013 at 1:23 AM

Ok so I sew diapers and yesterday made a skirt. they are all for my 1 year old daughter though. My 5 year old son is getting sad i'm not making anything for him so I need some ideas. and links to tutorials/patterns would be helpful. I just have no clue what to make him.

asking him isn't much help cause he asked me to make him a skirt ith boy fabric. LOL

Replies

• Gypsy60
    by Gypsy60
    January 25, 2013 at 2:00 AM
    how about a cape? hat? gloves? how hard r simple shirts,like a t-shirt? sorry no help with patterns,but maybe this will help start the brainstorming.
  • The_Doodle
    January 25, 2013 at 2:05 AM

I'd do a hero cape with a face mask.

• .Angelica.
    January 25, 2013 at 3:50 AM

I am very new to sewing and I have only made like 4 different things so far. lol. I'm trying to branch out to do more.

Quoting Gypsy60:

how about a cape? hat? gloves? how hard r simple shirts,like a t-shirt? sorry no help with patterns,but maybe this will help start the brainstorming.

• xtwistedxlovex
    January 25, 2013 at 4:30 AM

Free patterns only, or paid? Tinkle Time Trainers are awesome IMO. You could use the pattern to make undies for your DS now (up to size 7) and trainers for your DD later.

I made DS a pair of dragon slippers (will find pattern tomorrow if I remember; it's free on some blog or other) and hoodie. I used an existing hoodie for the pattern and just did a seam up the back for the spikes. He also has a soft mini quilt type lovey that he insists on laying over his pillow at night, a monster to gobble his socks, and all sorts of other little things. I didn't use a pattern for most, just winged it, but I'll see what I can come up with. OH - google "montessori child apron" and you should find a free pattern for that.

Edited to add links =)

Here is a tut for a dinosaur hoodie that is very simplified; you just add spikes to one you already have. Not as tricky as creating a whole new hoodie, just a straight stitch and a bit of fabric glue.

• SamKlug
    by SamKlug
    January 25, 2013 at 8:22 AM

Make some pajama pants for him.  I know there were a few women in here working on the pajama pants and did an amazing job with them.  Heck, if I could get the pattern for them I'd love to start sewing some up.

• Brieshon
    January 25, 2013 at 8:46 AM
    I'd make him a skirt, since he asked for one! :) Pajama pants are super easy and there are a ton of free tutorials online. Good luck!
  • mybratsmom
    January 25, 2013 at 8:49 AM
    I like the idea of the hero cape and mask!! What fun!! I wish my kids were still little like that!!! The pajama pants sound great, too!! Wish I could sew, I'm jealous!!
  • billssweety
    January 25, 2013 at 9:09 AM

My first thought was P.J. pants, MissElissa just made some and she used a pair of her sons as a "pattern", I'm fairly new to sewing also and was thinking of trying it also!

• wildlilacs
    January 25, 2013 at 9:17 AM
    Pajama pants or simple shorts. Use exsiting jammies/shorts as pattern. A letter shaped pillows, spell out his name or just his initial.
  • .Angelica.
    January 25, 2013 at 9:45 AM

cute idea with the pillows. I just realized that his name and initials are only one letter different though. His name is Ian and his initials are IAB lol

Quoting wildlilacs:

Pajama pants or simple shorts. Use exsiting jammies/shorts as pattern. A letter shaped pillows, spell out his name or just his initial.

Craft Cafe

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN