Craft Cafe

abstractmommy
I turned a craft hobby into a business!
December 30, 2012 at 2:09 AM

This isn't an ad, just my story:)

A few months ago I started thinking about making candles with bracelet charms hidden in them. I didn't tell many people about it because I wasn't sure if I wanted to take the ultimate leap. I'm a full time graduate student with a job, a 3 year old, and a husband. I would dream about my candles and it's all I could talk about to my husband. He finally got sick of my wishing/hoping/dreaming and told me to go for it.

Now I have a trademarked, licensed business. I work and go to school and don't go to bed until 3-4am. I'm exhausted, happy, and we're doing pretty well, having recently sold our 1000th candle!

I won't post the business page here because again, this isn't an ad. Just my brief story behind the launch of Tiny Trinket Candles. If you have a dream of any kind you should go for it!

Replies

• abstractmommy
    December 30, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Ginger Peach Passion, a personal favorite!
  • abstractmommy
    December 30, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Green Tea & Lemongrass, very popular.
  • Jukebox_Jenny
    December 30, 2012 at 2:13 AM
    Cool! They're beautiful!
  • abstractmommy
    December 30, 2012 at 2:14 AM

And Strawberry Sparkle, one of our newest! Sorry for all the separate photos, im mobile.
  • abstractmommy
    Thank you:)

Quoting Jukebox_Jenny:

Cool! They're beautiful!
  • Jukebox_Jenny
    Mmm. I love lemongrass!

Quoting abstractmommy:

Green Tea & Lemongrass, very popular.
  • HaileysMom07180
    December 30, 2012 at 2:18 AM

super cute, i do have a dream of course not many people have need for this.  I am really good at making ferret hammocks.  My ferret has 3.  1 huge one that was suppose to be for my friend that she sorta stole for herself and 2 small that are just her size.  So far my friends only buy them, but i'd like to expand some day.

• wildlilacs
    December 30, 2012 at 2:19 AM
    Isnt that sorta like diamond candles? I like thst idea, a hidden treasure.
    Im interested in sewing dolls and other stuffies, but I need lots more practice. One day, I will be good enough. But there are a lot of others who make the same.
  • kmorales7690
    December 30, 2012 at 2:20 AM
    I want to be a singer but that would take way too much time from my babies lol I guess I'll just keep crocheting!!
  • abstractmommy
    December 30, 2012 at 2:22 AM
    I bet you could find a niche market! Or expand to making animal hammocks for all sorts of pets; cats, guinea pigs, etc.

Quoting HaileysMom07180:

super cute, i do have a dream of course not many people have need for this.  I am really good at making ferret hammocks.  My ferret has 3.  1 huge one that was suppose to be for my friend that she sorta stole for herself and 2 small that are just her size.  So far my friends only buy them, but i'd like to expand some day.

Craft Cafe

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN