Craft Cafe

Featured Posts
abstractmommy
I turned a craft hobby into a business!
December 30, 2012 at 2:09 AM

This isn't an ad, just my story:)

A few months ago I started thinking about making candles with bracelet charms hidden in them. I didn't tell many people about it because I wasn't sure if I wanted to take the ultimate leap. I'm a full time graduate student with a job, a 3 year old, and a husband. I would dream about my candles and it's all I could talk about to my husband. He finally got sick of my wishing/hoping/dreaming and told me to go for it.

Now I have a trademarked, licensed business. I work and go to school and don't go to bed until 3-4am. I'm exhausted, happy, and we're doing pretty well, having recently sold our 1000th candle!

I won't post the business page here because again, this isn't an ad. Just my brief story behind the launch of Tiny Trinket Candles. If you have a dream of any kind you should go for it!

Replies

• SimplyEnchanted
    December 30, 2012 at 10:45 AM

I run a small business/website combo with book reviews. Sometimes I think with my contacts I've made that I should consider writing a children's book with the idea I have for my youngest daughter but I have no one to illustrate it :(

• powow65
    by powow65
    December 30, 2012 at 11:24 AM
    Kudos! I hope your business goes well for years & years to come!
  • abstractmommy
    December 30, 2012 at 2:18 PM
    No bracelets inside, just the charms. They are in plastic baggies wrapped in foil.

Quoting BabyloveCCR:

If the bracelets are inside the candle, doesn't the wax ruin them?

• rhiannonaisling
    December 30, 2012 at 7:37 PM

I follow you on facebook. Love your stuff and can't wait till next month when I can finally get some for myself.

• sew4fun
    by sew4fun
    December 30, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Awesome! Cute candles :)

• abstractmommy
    December 31, 2012 at 1:17 AM
    You need to find someone who can draw :-D

Quoting SimplyEnchanted:

I run a small business/website combo with book reviews. Sometimes I think with my contacts I've made that I should consider writing a children's book with the idea I have for my youngest daughter but I have no one to illustrate it :(

• abiddinger
    December 31, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Super cute!! Congratulations on going after your dream. :) My sister and I are in the process of starting our own business, too! So exciting to make a living doing what you love. Again, congrats!

• Breviewed
    December 31, 2012 at 8:31 AM

How do you market your business?  I'm trying to help my daughter promote her designs.

• jenettyshome
    December 31, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Congratulations on following your dream!  Working on some ideas myself right now.  :) 

• ms-superwoman
    December 31, 2012 at 9:58 AM

That is great news! I have always dreamed of being an illustrator. I am not even out of college and I already have my first job, illustrating a children's book!

Craft Cafe

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts