Craft Cafe

bunnywzrd
snack bags?
November 19, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Is there a way to make fabric snack bags or something like it? We go through a tone of sandwich bags. Those are what I put my daughters snack in for school. You know that plastic baggies with the zip seal. I hate going through so many of them. I have two daughters and a dh that pack lunch every day of the week and a lot of days they use sandwich bags. I got containers that I thought would work but the girls lunch boxes are to small for a bunck of plastic things. I put the main food for lunch in a box but I don't know what I could do about the snacks. Is there a way to make a pouch or something that would close up good and be water proof? What could I use for the inside that wouldn't stain and would be water proof? What could I use to make sure it sealed closed?

Replies

• anotherandree
    November 19, 2012 at 10:21 AM

I have seen a TON of tutorials posted on here.  Most of them were on youtube, but you might want to check Pinterest.

• melliburger
    November 19, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Kelly (bmom) made some for us :) I've also tried to make one, they're not super difficult. We used PUL to line ours. I nkow some people are not comfortable using that and there are other alternatives to PUL.

• bmom7210
    November 19, 2012 at 4:19 PM
    I make them
  • Brieshon
    November 19, 2012 at 4:32 PM

I made these ones for my kids. And have been itching to make more. Mine are cotton fabric with medical grade, food safe liner. If you're planning on making your own, I can find the link to the site I ordered it from when I'm not mobile. :). You can also use rip-stop nylon, which is less stiff, but not as waterproof. :)
  • MissElissa21
    November 19, 2012 at 9:18 PM
    I use just 1 layer of cotton. My daughter has been taking hers to school for 3 years now. They don't keep things fresh forever, but they will keep the sandwich together and are easy to wash.

Craft Cafe

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN