Craft Cafe

bunnywzrd
snack bags?
November 19, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Is there a way to make fabric snack bags or something like it? We go through a tone of sandwich bags. Those are what I put my daughters snack in for school. You know that plastic baggies with the zip seal. I hate going through so many of them. I have two daughters and a dh that pack lunch every day of the week and a lot of days they use sandwich bags. I got containers that I thought would work but the girls lunch boxes are to small for a bunck of plastic things. I put the main food for lunch in a box but I don't know what I could do about the snacks. Is there a way to make a pouch or something that would close up good and be water proof? What could I use for the inside that wouldn't stain and would be water proof? What could I use to make sure it sealed closed?

Replies

• anotherandree
    November 19, 2012 at 10:21 AM

I have seen a TON of tutorials posted on here.  Most of them were on youtube, but you might want to check Pinterest.

• melliburger
    November 19, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Kelly (bmom) made some for us :) I've also tried to make one, they're not super difficult. We used PUL to line ours. I nkow some people are not comfortable using that and there are other alternatives to PUL.

• bmom7210
    November 19, 2012 at 4:19 PM
    I make them
  • Brieshon
    November 19, 2012 at 4:32 PM

I made these ones for my kids. And have been itching to make more. Mine are cotton fabric with medical grade, food safe liner. If you're planning on making your own, I can find the link to the site I ordered it from when I'm not mobile. :). You can also use rip-stop nylon, which is less stiff, but not as waterproof. :)
  • MissElissa21
    November 19, 2012 at 9:18 PM
    I use just 1 layer of cotton. My daughter has been taking hers to school for 3 years now. They don't keep things fresh forever, but they will keep the sandwich together and are easy to wash.

Craft Cafe