Craft Cafe

JasonsMom2007
is this a lame idea?
November 18, 2012 at 1:26 AM
My 5 year old has sensory processing disorder. He cannot stand the feel of water on his face. So after running out to the van in the pouring down rain to get my sons umbrella before he would take one step off of the covered porch I thought maybe I could come up with an easy to carry bag that he could keep with him and would keep his wet umbrella from getting everything else wet. Thoughts? Ideas?

Replies

• black.eyeliner
    November 18, 2012 at 8:32 AM
    I love it. I have SPD and things like this will be remembered when your son is older. You can use waterproof fabric for the inside of the bag.
  • mariesmama
    November 18, 2012 at 10:04 AM

line tha bag with pul fabric

• Rainstorm10
    November 18, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Great idea!

• Aphalicious
    November 18, 2012 at 4:38 PM

a wet bag should work. They are normally for cloth diapers but would work the same. It is a cloth bag with a layer of pul on the inside!

• MyIslandGirls
    November 18, 2012 at 4:44 PM

you could totally do this!! what a great idea. also getting a small sized umbrella would help as well. have you thought of making him a sensory bag as well? or is it just water that doesn't sit right with him.

• Aphalicious
    November 18, 2012 at 4:54 PM

what would make it really cute is getting a fab. to match the umbrella and have a button strap in their to clasp it to the bag so the bag can hang down from the bottom of the umbrella so it wont get lost.

• djscinnabun
    November 18, 2012 at 5:13 PM

You could also make maybe a small mesh bag with a snap closure to hold a small umbrella that could snap onto a loop at the top of a backpack - that way it could dry easily when not in use, and it hangs off the side of the bag so it would be easily accessible and not get anything inside the bag wet, won't need to be dried like a plastic liner to prevent mildew etc.

• Bizmom
    by Bizmom
    November 18, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Good idea. they do have a water repellent spray you can spray it with. good luck!

Bizmom

• rhiannonaisling
    November 18, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Awesome idea.

• ShaunnaMichelle
    November 18, 2012 at 10:13 PM

I don't think it's lame. And if it works for you, it's awesome! 

Craft Cafe

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN