Craft Cafe

Featured Posts
billssweety
Gender Reveal ideas
November 15, 2012 at 9:20 PM

I am looking for crafty ideas for a gender reveal.....any suggestions?

Replies

• preemiemommy
    November 17, 2012 at 12:13 AM
    That it does!!!!

Quoting carter210:

Go to Pinterest!! They have tons of ideas!!! They're all so cute!!!
  • sondamom0828
    November 17, 2012 at 12:27 AM

A pinata with gender colored confetti inside?

• Manda12702
    November 17, 2012 at 12:47 AM

We had friends that are having their third child. They have one of each so far. They had the little boy drinking a blue soda and the little girl drinking a pink soda, then the next picture was of the little girls soda all gone with her making a sad face and the little boy holding his blue soda proudly. The picture was captioned "It's a..." and "boy" was the first comment. You could do you and your DH drinking the correct color soda.

• ZsMommy
    by ZsMommy
    November 17, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Cyndi-your post is now on Cafe's home page as a featured post

• HollyHawk333
    November 17, 2012 at 12:51 AM
    For my friend we made little onesies that said "grandma's lil lady" and "grandpa's dance partner" they were super cute and since they found out close to Christmas they had their parents unwrap the presents last.
    With our oldest we sent out little boxes of pink candies with a note at the bottom of the box saying "congrats on your first granddaughter"
  • baquick
    by baquick
    November 17, 2012 at 1:47 AM
    I love the cake idea and balloons ideas. Maybe decorate your car? Shoe up at the party and do it that way? Lame I know lol
  • GodsAmiga
    November 17, 2012 at 3:40 AM

I'm doing mine via photos. I don't know if these have been suggested already but one of the ones I did was put blue balloons in a wooden box that we had and my husband and I stood behind it while our 2 and 4 year old daughters opened it. I taped the strings of the balloons to the bottom so they wouldn't float away just in case the photographer missed the balloons coming out and needed to have us do it again. Lol! I also got on my knees so that I was the same height as my kids and the three of us showed our bellies (mine was a side view though-lol) and we each had a letter painted on our tummies so that we spelled out "BOY." The last thing we did was that on the side of my tummy I took a baby doll and painted its foot with blue paint and put a tiny blue baby footprint on the side of my stomach. Then my husband put his arms around my stomach and with his hands made a heart around the footprint. :-) After the photo session I also thought that I could have taken 5 blue balloons and put a letter on each one to spell out "Isaac" (our baby's name) and had us all stand in a row while holding the balloons in order. :-)

• echupko
    by echupko
    November 17, 2012 at 6:43 AM

I love this!
  • vinalex0581
    November 17, 2012 at 6:57 AM

nothing. i'm not creative when it comes to this stuff.

sorry.

• armywife-aly
    November 17, 2012 at 8:11 AM

I know a girl who had the dr write it on a paper, and put it in a sealed envelope. She gave it to her best friend and her friend set up the final decor for the gender reveal party. To find out she took black squirt bottles and filled them with blue paint. The parents got to find out in front of everyone by squirting the paint on a onsie hanging on the wall! 

Craft Cafe

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN