Craft Cafe

billssweety
Gender Reveal ideas
November 15, 2012 at 9:20 PM

I am looking for crafty ideas for a gender reveal.....any suggestions?

Replies

• Turtledoves
    November 18, 2012 at 8:11 PM
    I might be wrong, but gender reveal parties don't include guests givin gifts, do they? If not, then it's sort of just a baby celebration. I think throwing your own anything that includes gifts is very tacky, but a gender reveal to tell both sides and friends at once can be cute.

Quoting KeeKee77:

Helium balloons in a box?

As long as the parents don't know the gender and they're finding out at the same time as the guests, I think gender reveal parties are cute. If the parents know ahead of time, I think these parties are just as rude as hosting your own baby shower. TACKY!
  • billssweety
    November 18, 2012 at 8:36 PM

No, no gifts, just a get together for all to hear the announcement and of course eat some cake and appetizers!!

Quoting Turtledoves:

I might be wrong, but gender reveal parties don't include guests givin gifts, do they? If not, then it's sort of just a baby celebration. I think throwing your own anything that includes gifts is very tacky, but a gender reveal to tell both sides and friends at once can be cute.

Quoting KeeKee77:

Helium balloons in a box?

As long as the parents don't know the gender and they're finding out at the same time as the guests, I think gender reveal parties are cute. If the parents know ahead of time, I think these parties are just as rude as hosting your own baby shower. TACKY!

• katiekiwi
    November 18, 2012 at 8:52 PM

I think thats called a Bris haha

Quoting roxxyt:

I guess, I don't get it anymore, pregnancy pics, gender reveal parties, what's next circumcision party?

Quoting billssweety:

She went to a reveal party last night and now wants to do it, she said it was a ton of fun....

Quoting roxxyt:

Omg just tell people

• roxxyt
    by roxxyt
    November 18, 2012 at 9:25 PM
    Wasn't being rude didn't know what they were called, I do have preg pics of my daughter, never heard of a gender reveal parties, cute idea, my daughters just called and told everyone they were so excited, just trying to catch up. Not into myself.

Quoting Huera620:

They do already.. its called a Briss. Now get over yourself and stop being so rude!

Quoting roxxyt:

I guess, I don't get it anymore, pregnancy pics, gender reveal parties, what's next circumcision party?

Quoting billssweety:

She went to a reveal party last night and now wants to do it, she said it was a ton of fun....

Quoting roxxyt:

Omg just tell people

• marichard22
    November 19, 2012 at 1:11 AM

• my sister in law made a shirt for her daughter thhat said " I am going to be a big sister" to tell us she was pregnant. Maybe you could do the same thing with  "it's a " and put the gender on back of shirt.
  • 2ofthesame
    November 19, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Here's something I did for my niece. We filled up those black balloons the ones for "Over the Hill" types. Inside each was a colored piece of paper. All of them were blue except for one single pink one. Each guest had to pop a balloon to get to the paper when all the balloons were popped everyone was thinking, "All these blue's must be a boy... But what about that pink one?" The pink one was because it was a girl.

• bhejlik
    by bhejlik
    November 19, 2012 at 9:49 AM

That's called a briss, I believe. The Jewish faith has been doing that for centuries. 

Quoting roxxyt:

Quoting billssweety:

Quoting roxxyt:

Omg just tell people

• 2ndbabyarrivJan
    November 19, 2012 at 4:26 PM

We did 2 things...a homemade cake with colored layers for work, and a big wrapped box with balloons for our family.  It was a fun way to spend the day letting people know.

• 03amanda
    November 20, 2012 at 10:15 AM

you color the inside of the cake what your having blue for boy and pink for girl, when you cut into the cake people will find out what your having and the duggers did that on the today show

• The_Monster_Mom
    November 25, 2012 at 6:30 PM

I made a monster in the boy/girl colors and sent it to a couple once for their gender reveal. :)

Craft Cafe

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts