Craft Cafe

MommySarah986
Mod podge question?
November 14, 2012 at 12:00 PM
I'm making a big poster for my son's birthday party. I stenciled out letters from card stock and having a picture of him blown up. My question is can I use mod podge on the picture? It will be a matte print. And how exactly should I use it to put all the lettering on the poster board and the picture?

Replies

• sreichelt26
    November 14, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Technically you could - mod podge the back of the picture, stick to poster board, thin layer on top.

But I would go with double sided tape or picture squares (little squares like double sided tape)

• melliburger
    November 14, 2012 at 3:22 PM

You could use glue dots too.

• MommySarah986
    November 14, 2012 at 3:30 PM
    Thanks, I was thinking more over the picture. It will be printed in matte and I want the whole poster glossy. So can I just put glossy mod podge over the whole thing?

Quoting sreichelt26:

Technically you could - mod podge the back of the picture, stick to poster board, thin layer on top.

But I would go with double sided tape or picture squares (little squares like double sided tape)

• sreichelt26
    November 14, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Yes, just use really thin coats.

OR use a glossy spray adhesive

Quoting MommySarah986:

Thanks, I was thinking more over the picture. It will be printed in matte and I want the whole poster glossy. So can I just put glossy mod podge over the whole thing?

Quoting sreichelt26:

Craft Cafe

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts