Craft Cafe

gypsy1jen
Ok crafters... I need some ideas!
November 11, 2012 at 10:23 AM

I work for head start and we are doing a holiday craft bonanza for one of our parent nights. This involves parents and children making something for maybe grandma or grandpa. It needs to be easy enough for a 4 year old to help with and low in cost as far as materials go (leaning towards some recycled items that parents can collect). Ok, let me know what you ladies come up with! Thanks!!! -Jen

Replies

• krystlbear_84
    November 11, 2012 at 10:55 AM

I'm gonna think. I'll be back.

• Dewinter
    November 11, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Book marks are easy and require few materials :) .

• MrsSexyCurtains
    November 11, 2012 at 12:56 PM
    Buy dollar tree photo frames and decorate them. They can paint, glue and write anything they want and it's all under $5 :)
  • rhiannonaisling
    November 11, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Felt stockings (or stocking ornaments) are generally cheap and easy. You just need glue. Two peices of felt (for functional stockings and one for nonfunctional) for the boot and one for the top and ribbon. If you are doing ornament size you can get as many as 3-6 stockings from each piece of felt, depending on if they are fuctional or not.

• ZsMommy
    by ZsMommy
    November 11, 2012 at 1:36 PM

I don't know how many you need-but if you look at Oriental Trading Company they have a lot of foam crafts (or you can get ideas to make your own with your own supplies) that are sold by the dozen-comes out to pennies up to $1/per finished craft. A lot of the crafts now come with peel n stick backs-so it's easier for smaller kids and less messy. I'm all for recycled ideas-maybe check out what OTC is offering and get some ideas to use your own supplies on hand

• SarineLewis
    November 11, 2012 at 4:59 PM
    OTC is AMAZING!!!

Quoting ZsMommy:

I don't know how many you need-but if you look at Oriental Trading Company they have a lot of foam crafts (or you can get ideas to make your own with your own supplies) that are sold by the dozen-comes out to pennies up to $1/per finished craft. A lot of the crafts now come with peel n stick backs-so it's easier for smaller kids and less messy. I'm all for recycled ideas-maybe check out what OTC is offering and get some ideas to use your own supplies on hand

• witheredroses
    November 11, 2012 at 7:51 PM

`use canning lids....any size...punch a hole in the top and tie a ribbon through...glue a pic of the child or a cut out from old Christmas cards in the center and glitter glue around the edges...pretty, lasts forever, and extremely easy

• raczac
    by raczac
    November 11, 2012 at 7:55 PM
    Makes snow globes out of baby food jars. All you need is water and some glitter and somethong small to put in it. Oh and a hot glue gun.

Also cds put some glue and glitter on it to male an orniment

• MissElissa21
    November 11, 2012 at 9:40 PM

I love the snow globe idea!!!

Quoting raczac:

Makes snow globes out of baby food jars. All you need is water and some glitter and somethong small to put in it. Oh and a hot glue gun.

• raczac
    by raczac
    November 11, 2012 at 11:36 PM
    I did that with the three and four year olds when I worked in daycare they loved it.

Quoting MissElissa21:

I love the snow globe idea!!!

Quoting raczac:

Craft Cafe

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN