Craft Cafe

HeathersRich
Teacher Gifts
October 8, 2012 at 9:39 PM
I was just thinking about the holidays and realized after buying my 1st gifts of the season I need teacher gifts. I can make or buy something but it needs to be on the cheaper side because my little one started day care so between her and my 6th grader I have 8 teachers to buy for. Thanks for your help ladies.

Replies

• melliburger
    October 8, 2012 at 10:11 PM
    Tumblers and fill them with the little packages to make flavored water?
  • rhiannonaisling
    October 8, 2012 at 10:15 PM

hand made scarfs, eternal block calanders (http://www.ehow.com/how_6933941_make-block-calendar-stampin-up.html), throw blanket or pillows or scrabble name ornaments (http://www.ehow.com/list_7392317_craft-projects-scrabble-tiles.html)

• shilohkitten
    October 9, 2012 at 3:04 PM

Do you sew?  If you do, what about tote bags?  It seems every teacher needs one of those.

OR some nice gloves and a hat if they go outside with the kids.

• HeathersRich
    October 9, 2012 at 6:07 PM
    My sewing skills are minimal :(

Quoting shilohkitten:

Do you sew?  If you do, what about tote bags?  It seems every teacher needs one of those.

OR some nice gloves and a hat if they go outside with the kids.

• ZsMommy
    by ZsMommy
    October 9, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Anything but mugs-seriously-you have to imagine how many mugs teachers end up with year after year after year...

Teachers appreciate the little stuff others don't think of-so think inexpensive but outside the box...Maybe make some snacks and a small hand decorated ornament from your child. Maybe some hand sanitizer,lotion,tissue packs to get them thru cold season. Put yourself in their shoes and go from there.  You can be creative without it costing a ton of $

• KRIZZ25
    by KRIZZ25
    October 9, 2012 at 6:15 PM
    MAYBE JUST A CARD WTH MDCS COUPONS ..BETWEEN MY 3 KIDS ITS LIKE 12 TEACHERS.. I JUST SEND EM A CARD AND A CLASS ROOM GIFT LIKE COOKIES.. I CANT AFFORD TO SEND TO ALL THEM TEACHERS.
  • HeathersRich
    October 9, 2012 at 6:21 PM
    I have done the ornament thing a dozen times. I did movie boxes 1 year (popcorn, movie,candy, soda) Last year i did homemade bread and jelly in a tote bag. When i taught pre-k I received a ton of Lotion and ornaments or $5 gift cards to Starbucks. Looking for something that sstrikes me as unique. I'm just having a brain fart. :)

Quoting ZsMommy:

Anything but mugs-seriously-you have to imagine how many mugs teachers end up with year after year after year...

Teachers appreciate the little stuff others don't think of-so think inexpensive but outside the box...Maybe make some snacks and a small hand decorated ornament from your child. Maybe some hand sanitizer,lotion,tissue packs to get them thru cold season. Put yourself in their shoes and go from there.  You can be creative without it costing a ton of $

• ZsMommy
    by ZsMommy
    October 9, 2012 at 6:42 PM

What is your specialty craft wise? Can you do something using what you're best at?

Quoting HeathersRich:

I have done the ornament thing a dozen times. I did movie boxes 1 year (popcorn, movie,candy, soda) Last year i did homemade bread and jelly in a tote bag. When i taught pre-k I received a ton of Lotion and ornaments or $5 gift cards to Starbucks. Looking for something that sstrikes me as unique. I'm just having a brain fart. :)

Quoting ZsMommy:

• ZsMommy
    by ZsMommy
    October 9, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Oh-this wasn't a school thing-I did this for my employees when I managed a small clothing store..I found those little live pine trees that they sell around Christmas..added a red bow on top and gave those as gifts-one girl now has that tree growing in her back yard.

Last year I gave our daughter one of those (faux) tabletop trees (the kind with the burlap on the bottom) and made several pairs of earrings and attached to the tree as ornaments (she likes earrings/hand made jewelry)

• HeathersRich
    October 9, 2012 at 7:16 PM
    That's a cute idea. I make bows, so definetly not the most useful craft for gifts. :/

Quoting ZsMommy:

Oh-this wasn't a school thing-I did this for my employees when I managed a small clothing store..I found those little live pine trees that they sell around Christmas..added a red bow on top and gave those as gifts-one girl now has that tree growing in her back yard.

Last year I gave our daughter one of those (faux) tabletop trees (the kind with the burlap on the bottom) and made several pairs of earrings and attached to the tree as ornaments (she likes earrings/hand made jewelry)

Craft Cafe

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN