Craft Cafe

Featured Posts
idee
started quilting again...
by idee
October 8, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Just started quilting again and wondering if there are any other quilters in this group.

I am still cutting out my pieces but it is a scrap pattern and I do have plenty of scraps.

Replies

• melliburger
    October 8, 2012 at 3:26 PM
    I have not made a quilt.
  • billssweety
    October 8, 2012 at 4:09 PM

I want to learn, but seems like an expensive hobby.

• The_Monster_Mom
    October 8, 2012 at 5:03 PM

I looooooooooove quilting!

• idee
    by idee
    October 8, 2012 at 6:06 PM

I have spent a lot on my supplies. And took two classes, not the classes I am taking now. But the end result is worth it.

I want to learn, but seems like an expensive hobby.

• idee
    by idee
    October 8, 2012 at 6:09 PM

And I thought you only sewed.

I have been quilting for almost five years. I still have to practice working on the actual quilting part. It just seems that when it comes to a straight stitch my machine acts bratty.

So after I finish my classes and get to work I am thinking of getting a new machine as a gift for myself.

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

• rhiannonaisling
    October 8, 2012 at 7:04 PM

I want to learn

• Jessiejack
    October 8, 2012 at 9:11 PM
    Love quilting. I have been working on cutting old jeans for a jeans quilt I am going to make for my DD
  • EmmasMom0706
    Val
    October 8, 2012 at 9:16 PM
    I haven't quilted but would love to learn someday.
  • idee
    by idee
    October 8, 2012 at 9:40 PM

I am collecting t-shirts from my daughter as she either tires of them or out grows them for a t-shirt quilt. Which probably won't be finished until she is out of college so I can collect her college shirts as well. I have shirts from kindergarten on up, so far.

Quoting Jessiejack:

Love quilting. I have been working on cutting old jeans for a jeans quilt I am going to make for my DD

• The_Monster_Mom
    October 9, 2012 at 10:33 AM

I do a lot of stuff! :) I can quilt, sculpt, make jewelry, paint and glaze ceramics, fuse glass, paint, do macrame and wire wrapping, needle and wet felt, make yarn with a drop spindle, make beads and sculpt with polymer clay, and knit and crochet wash cloths. :)

When I machine quilted I had to adjust the pressure of the feet or else my stitching kept getting tangled and jamming. I was literally pulling the fabric through instead of letting the feed feet move it.

Quoting idee:

And I thought you only sewed.

I have been quilting for almost five years. I still have to practice working on the actual quilting part. It just seems that when it comes to a straight stitch my machine acts bratty.

So after I finish my classes and get to work I am thinking of getting a new machine as a gift for myself.

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

Craft Cafe

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN