Craft Cafe

Featured Posts
idee
started quilting again...
by idee
October 8, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Just started quilting again and wondering if there are any other quilters in this group.

I am still cutting out my pieces but it is a scrap pattern and I do have plenty of scraps.

Replies

• melliburger
    October 8, 2012 at 3:26 PM
    I have not made a quilt.
  • billssweety
    October 8, 2012 at 4:09 PM

I want to learn, but seems like an expensive hobby.

• The_Monster_Mom
    October 8, 2012 at 5:03 PM

I looooooooooove quilting!

• idee
    by idee
    October 8, 2012 at 6:06 PM

I have spent a lot on my supplies. And took two classes, not the classes I am taking now. But the end result is worth it.

I want to learn, but seems like an expensive hobby.

• idee
    by idee
    October 8, 2012 at 6:09 PM

And I thought you only sewed.

I have been quilting for almost five years. I still have to practice working on the actual quilting part. It just seems that when it comes to a straight stitch my machine acts bratty.

So after I finish my classes and get to work I am thinking of getting a new machine as a gift for myself.

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

• rhiannonaisling
    October 8, 2012 at 7:04 PM

I want to learn

• Jessiejack
    October 8, 2012 at 9:11 PM
    Love quilting. I have been working on cutting old jeans for a jeans quilt I am going to make for my DD
  • EmmasMom0706
    Val
    October 8, 2012 at 9:16 PM
    I haven't quilted but would love to learn someday.
  • idee
    by idee
    October 8, 2012 at 9:40 PM

I am collecting t-shirts from my daughter as she either tires of them or out grows them for a t-shirt quilt. Which probably won't be finished until she is out of college so I can collect her college shirts as well. I have shirts from kindergarten on up, so far.

Quoting Jessiejack:

Love quilting. I have been working on cutting old jeans for a jeans quilt I am going to make for my DD

• The_Monster_Mom
    October 9, 2012 at 10:33 AM

I do a lot of stuff! :) I can quilt, sculpt, make jewelry, paint and glaze ceramics, fuse glass, paint, do macrame and wire wrapping, needle and wet felt, make yarn with a drop spindle, make beads and sculpt with polymer clay, and knit and crochet wash cloths. :)

When I machine quilted I had to adjust the pressure of the feet or else my stitching kept getting tangled and jamming. I was literally pulling the fabric through instead of letting the feed feet move it.

Quoting idee:

And I thought you only sewed.

I have been quilting for almost five years. I still have to practice working on the actual quilting part. It just seems that when it comes to a straight stitch my machine acts bratty.

So after I finish my classes and get to work I am thinking of getting a new machine as a gift for myself.

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

Craft Cafe

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts