Craft Cafe

Cafe Denise
Craft Stores
October 8, 2012 at 8:56 AM

What is your favorite craft store? Do you ever buy craft supplies online?

knitting

Replies

• mommytohuddy
    October 8, 2012 at 1:57 PM
    It was hobby lobby for a long time and then I went to a Joann's. That visit ended my long Hobby Lobby crush. Haha. However, we don't have one here. I shop at michael's most frequently bc it is super close to my house.
  • TAG_ur_it
    October 8, 2012 at 2:16 PM

i Love Michaels but i have to go to Joanns for fabric and it's all the way across town.  some supplies i don't mind buying online if i can get a great price. 

• Turtledoves
    October 8, 2012 at 4:18 PM
    I live near Lehigh! Though I like the new AC Moores in Temple. So glad to have one back, seemed like they all shut down in the area for years!

Quoting ZsMommy:

I lived in the Lehigh Valley-shopped at the one in Whitehall (worked at the JoAnn in Whitehall)-I do miss they're acrylic paint sales when you could get 4 for $1 or $2

Quoting lalasmama2007:

Quoting ZsMommy:

I'm in PA.

• .Angelica.
    October 8, 2012 at 4:21 PM

i don't have a favorite. i make diapers and buy my fabrics online usually

• nebcutie
    October 8, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Where are you at? I love local bead shops and am always trying to find them on our routes when we travel. I made dh go in one last week when he was away for classes. lol I have a list in my phone of all these places.

Quoting DanaG70:

My local bead shop, buy local!

Michael's or Hobby Lobby if the bead shop doesn't have what I'm looking for. I went to Joann's for the first time the other day, wasn't impressed, they didn't have a very good jewelry making selection, only one aisle.

I do shop online, Firemountain and Lima Beads are my favorites, I can buy in bulk with them.

• goddess99
    October 8, 2012 at 4:27 PM

We only have JoAnn's. I haven't bought supplies online.

• DanaG70
    by DanaG70
    October 8, 2012 at 4:27 PM

I'm in Otsego MI, the bead shop is in Kalamazoo on Westnege though, I love it because I can buy seeds. I also go to a couple in Omaha NE when I visit my parents and oldest son. One of the shops in Omaha has Miyuki seed beads at a great price!

Quoting nebcutie:

Where are you at? I love local bead shops and am always trying to find them on our routes when we travel. I made dh go in one last week when he was away for classes. lol I have a list in my phone of all these places.

Quoting DanaG70:

My local bead shop, buy local!

Michael's or Hobby Lobby if the bead shop doesn't have what I'm looking for. I went to Joann's for the first time the other day, wasn't impressed, they didn't have a very good jewelry making selection, only one aisle.

I do shop online, Firemountain and Lima Beads are my favorites, I can buy in bulk with them.

• ZsMommy
    by ZsMommy
    October 8, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Yeah-I read they were closing some locations down. Is the one in Whitehall closed? (I left PA 4yrs ago)

Quoting Turtledoves:

I live near Lehigh! Though I like the new AC Moores in Temple. So glad to have one back, seemed like they all shut down in the area for years!

Quoting ZsMommy:

I lived in the Lehigh Valley-shopped at the one in Whitehall (worked at the JoAnn in Whitehall)-I do miss they're acrylic paint sales when you could get 4 for $1 or $2

Quoting lalasmama2007:

Quoting ZsMommy:

I'm in PA.

• ZsMommy
    by ZsMommy
    October 8, 2012 at 4:28 PM

They just opened a Hobby Lobby here but I haven't been in yet. I've never been to Hobby Lobby.

• northernmommy
    October 8, 2012 at 4:29 PM

99% of my craft supplies are bought online. some from etsy, theribbonretreat, hairbowcenter, fabric, bbcrafts .coms

Craft Cafe

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN