Craft Cafe

The_Monster_Mom
Happy Saturday!! What are you up to this weekend? How is the weather?
October 6, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Hey guys! How are you? How is the weather?

What are you plans today? Any fun plans to kick off the weekend? Relaxing the weekend away? Working?

Will you be crafting? Any WIPs? Tell us about what you are working on!

Replies

• The_Monster_Mom
    October 6, 2012 at 10:15 AM

There is 22 people being photographed, and more than 10 of them are kids lol. It's traditional standing in a line photos. :P

What subject do you have homework in? :)

Quoting gina6239:

Aww, family portraits can be fun, you just have to make it fun! Does it have to be all sitting down and posed or can you just have fun with it and do some silly stuff? Last fall my bff did family portraits for us and it was a blast! We got some traditional nice ones, but my two favs are one where DD was whining and making a sad face, so DH and I are sitting there with sad faces on, and one where DH has his arms around me and it looks like the sweetest pic...until you notice his one hand is completely holding my boob. Lol. 

Anyway, today I have to do some homework, hopefully skype with a friend, and definitely do some crafting. I have 2 projects to finish and then I will post some pics of what I have been up to. I need to come up with something for DD to do while I do homework on this rainy day. I love doing it out on the deck so she can play, but that's not happening today.

• my4kidsrock2
    October 6, 2012 at 10:22 AM

We are preparing for my baby girls birthday party tomorrow. She is going to be 5 already.

I was planning to do much of the stuff for her party myself but I didn't get enough done before my surgery and haven't been able to do everything I wanted so we are just doing a pretty basic, generic party for now. Hopefully next year I can get all crafty again and make it unique for her. Not that I really think she'll care either way. As long as she gets a party she'll be happy, lol.

And as far as the weather goes, it sucks. We went from being in the low 70's on Thursday to being 33 today and 31 tomorrow with a chance of snow! It's crazy.

• jryberg
    by jryberg
    October 6, 2012 at 10:23 AM

WEll it's been a busy morning already! Logged on to the work computer and sent a couple of emails (it is our year end and we are in the middle of finalizing the financial results). Made breakfast for Kaity and her friend Gracie, they are now watching a Barbie movie and playing. Finished the opening material for Sunday School tomorrow. Now I am going to get a little cleaning and crafting done.

This afternoon/evening we will be at a wedding so I am trying to get lots done this morning :) 

• Turtledoves
    October 6, 2012 at 10:30 AM
    It's very cloudy. I'm hoping it doesn't rain on our Halloween parade tonight!
  • gina6239
    October 6, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Ah, that is a little harder to run around and have fun then!

I have to write a case brief for Legal Research, study for a quiz in that class, and study for a test in Wills, Trusts, and Estates. Blah, lol. It is such a great day to craft, too...

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

There is 22 people being photographed, and more than 10 of them are kids lol. It's traditional standing in a line photos. :P

What subject do you have homework in? :)

Quoting gina6239:

Aww, family portraits can be fun, you just have to make it fun! Does it have to be all sitting down and posed or can you just have fun with it and do some silly stuff? Last fall my bff did family portraits for us and it was a blast! We got some traditional nice ones, but my two favs are one where DD was whining and making a sad face, so DH and I are sitting there with sad faces on, and one where DH has his arms around me and it looks like the sweetest pic...until you notice his one hand is completely holding my boob. Lol. 

Anyway, today I have to do some homework, hopefully skype with a friend, and definitely do some crafting. I have 2 projects to finish and then I will post some pics of what I have been up to. I need to come up with something for DD to do while I do homework on this rainy day. I love doing it out on the deck so she can play, but that's not happening today.

• kileys_mommy
    October 6, 2012 at 11:24 AM
    It has finally cooled down here, and starting to feel like fall. DH has agreed to watch the kids all weekend, so I heading to my parents' house to work on orders without interruptions. I hope I can get a lot accomplished by Sunday evening, and finally get ahead. :)
  • SamKlug
    by SamKlug
    October 6, 2012 at 11:50 AM

OMG I love the poltergeist!  One of my favorites growing up!  My first scary movie with my parents was The Exorcist, the original version.  I'll tell you what, I'm not gonna torture my kids the way my parents did that with me.  Lol.  I couldn't sleep for like a month!  Lol.  I'm hoping that once we get hubby on some good meds we can start doing family night with the kids.  Always wanted to do that!  Have fun!

Quoting PlaysAllDay:

It's chilly and perfect. We are going to work around the house and then tonight is family movie night. Popcorn, pizza, soda and candy. We are going to watch Monster Squad and then put 3 of the kids to bed and let our oldest watch her 1st scary movie. We haven't decided which one, probably poltergeist.

• crochetmom07
    October 6, 2012 at 11:51 AM

It's pretty nice outside right now. At the moment, I am waiting for dh to call and working on cutting out pieces for a craft that I am going to do with my boys so they can work on it when they get up from their nap. Need to run to the grocery store later to pick up a few things, and will be working on my friends tablecloth some more. Every time I try to work on it I get interrupted so it's taking a lot longer than it should.

• SamKlug
    by SamKlug
    October 6, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Hoping for a productive day today.  Got the house clean after the kids literally tore it apart.  That's the only thing I hate about the weekends.  During the week while they are at school it's a whole lot easier to keep the house clean!  Lol.  Now I'm getting ready to get some serious homework done because I've been procrastinating and busy all week.  Doesn't help either the charger for my laptop died and everyone is using the computer that I'm currently on.  But hubby made sure to let everyone know that my school work comes first this weekend.  Hoping after homework to get some crafting done.  I want to get more done on DD's blanket because she is gone for the night and I probably won't get her back until late tomorrow.  I also have to work tonight and tomorrow night so who knows how things will go.  Homework time!

• MrsSexyCurtains
    October 6, 2012 at 12:01 PM
    Awe me and my little sister are taking the kids (my nephew and kenzie) to take pics next week. They are the only grandkids so we want to take pics before I leave. We are doing a costume pose, a Xmas and fall pose lol we're really excited!

I'm baby sitting my SIL baby today since her sitter had something come up. So we're going over there in a couple hours so I can help her get ready for the wedding she's in. Kenzie is at my dads till Monday and I already miss the noise haha

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

I am about to list a new Mon-stor in my shop, then sew a face on and finish another. At 12 we have family portraits, blech. Then after that dinner with Trace's family. :) He has a lot of family in from KY. So a busy fun day planned!

Craft Cafe

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN