Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Featured Posts
Momof4AEMW
Anyone else not very good at taking care of THEMSELVES??
January 6 at 10:06 PM

I think I may have made the wrong choice.  So, I woke up this morning with an ear ache, but kind of ignored it.  A couple hours later both ears hurt and itched.  But, school was cancelled today as I'm in the -50 or something like that wind chill area.  That means kids are home, and I need to be here to take care of them, can't go out to doctor, and it's way to cold so who wants to go out today.  So take some Tylenol and keep on moving.  Hubs gets home later than I thought he would and by then urgent cares are closed.  I start googling ear infections and have some heat on it now.  But oh my, it is getting worse.  Can barely open my mouth without my jaw hurting, both ears are throbbing, , itch. whole head just hurts.  Whoops.  My kids I would have been bundled up and run out there in a heartbeat, but I thought I could get by until tomorrow when kids would be in school - now that is cancelled too.  Augh, messed up.  Anyone know any at home remedies for ear infections?  The heat is not doing it!  Anyone else not very good at taking care of themselves? 

Replies

• SamMom912
    January 6 at 10:42 PM

Oooh, poor you! No advice, but a big hug! i have bad ears too, vertigo when I get sick... Ugh, ear/head pain is horrible! I really hope you feel better and I hope someone can offer some advice and help. 

• Momof4AEMW
    January 6 at 10:50 PM

Thanks.  Just hoping I make it through the night ok and don't rupture my ear drum before I get in.  I really didn't think it would progress this fast, silly me.

I get the vertigo too, that is no fun!!  Hate that feeling when I wake up and practically walk into a wall as my head just is not right. 

Quoting SamMom912:

Oooh, poor you! No advice, but a big hug! i have bad ears too, vertigo when I get sick... Ugh, ear/head pain is horrible! I really hope you feel better and I hope someone can offer some advice and help. 

• ineedcoffeemom
    January 6 at 11:02 PM
    I have no idea if you have this around and don't k ow if you'd buy some cigarettes just for this but I used to have bad ear infections as a kid and my mom blew smoke in my ear. It really took away the pain and I think the smoke is supposed to slow down the growth of the bad bacteria.
  • Momof4AEMW
    January 6 at 11:07 PM

I'm up for trying about anything...but probably not that one.  I'm really, really allergic to smoke.  Thanks for the tip though! 

Quoting ineedcoffeemom: I have no idea if you have this around and don't k ow if you'd buy some cigarettes just for this but I used to have bad ear infections as a kid and my mom blew smoke in my ear. It really took away the pain and I think the smoke is supposed to slow down the growth of the bad bacteria.

• MissTacoBell
    January 6 at 11:09 PM
    Get some sudafed (not the fake OTC stuff, the psudophedrine you have to sign off for at the pharmacy bit phenylephrine). Take that with Tylenol. If the pain is not gone by the 45 minute mark, take two ibuprofen. If none of that gives you relief, get to a doctor the minute you can or even an ER if you have a fever.
  • Momof4AEMW
    January 6 at 11:12 PM

No fever yet.  Since the kids are home from school again tomorrow My parents are going to come over to watch the kids so I can go to dr in AM.  It was just so cold today that cars were not starting for people or just pooping out on the road.  I didn't think it was that bad that I couldn't wait until it was a little warmer.  Guess I guessed wrong.  :/   

Quoting MissTacoBell: Get some sudafed (not the fake OTC stuff, the psudophedrine you have to sign off for at the pharmacy bit phenylephrine). Take that with Tylenol. If the pain is not gone by the 45 minute mark, take two ibuprofen. If none of that gives you relief, get to a doctor the minute you can or even an ER if you have a fever.

• ineedcoffeemom
    January 6 at 11:12 PM
    Aw man that sucks. Hope somebody knows of something else.
    Quoting Momof4AEMW:

I'm up for trying about anything...but probably not that one.  I'm really, really allergic to smoke.  Thanks for the tip though! 

Quoting ineedcoffeemom: I have no idea if you have this around and don't k ow if you'd buy some cigarettes just for this but I used to have bad ear infections as a kid and my mom blew smoke in my ear. It really took away the pain and I think the smoke is supposed to slow down the growth of the bad bacteria.

• Gloria1025
    January 7 at 2:41 PM

I hope you are feeling better!!

• JTMOM422
    January 7 at 2:52 PM

OUCH !! Sorry you are not feeling well momma. I don't know of any at home remedies. 

I do understand not taking care of yourself. I am the same way. If it were one of my kids I would drop everything and take them right away. As for myself it usually gets to the point where I am in either so much pain or so out of it that I regret not taking it seriously in the beginning

• Momof4AEMW
    January 7 at 2:53 PM

Yep, that's totally me.  Doctor chewed me out pretty good for not coming sooner.  Could not believe how bad one of the ears was.  Oopsie?  Got a couple of meds now though so hoping they kick in fast! 

Quoting JTMOM422:

OUCH !! Sorry you are not feeling well momma. I don't know of any at home remedies. 

I do understand not taking care of yourself. I am the same way. If it were one of my kids I would drop everything and take them right away. As for myself it usually gets to the point where I am in either so much pain or so out of it that I regret not taking it seriously in the beginning

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN