Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Featured Posts
lady_katie
OPWDD in New York
January 5 at 4:49 PM

My son qualified for OPWDD in the state of New York. I guess the next step in the process is obtaining a medicaid service coordinator, so that's where we are at right now. 

Aside from respite services and service coordination, does anyone know what other benefits they offer (for young children)? 

Thanks! 

Replies

• SamMom912
    January 5 at 4:56 PM

Nope sorry... Dont get any help with our support stuff. 

But here is a bump! 

• emarin77
    January 5 at 5:13 PM

I live in Florida and we have the same services through Medicaid.  I would search through different agencies like ARC, United Cerebral Palsy, Jewish Community Services for other programs.  Many of these programs have the same as what OPWDD offers.

• Momof4AEMW
    January 5 at 5:20 PM

Not sure what that is, hope it works out for you though! 

• darbyakeep45
    January 6 at 6:34 AM

Not sure but good luck!

• TheJerseyGirl
    January 6 at 8:02 AM

We don't get any help so I'm not sure what's out there...I'm in NJ.

• Krissyc75
    January 6 at 9:24 PM

Im in Arizona and we are going through the process right now and we got approved for long term care, although we have private insurance here all kids disgnosed with autism are approved so we get respite and habilitation. I am waiting for the support coordinator to call to go over he ins and outs of this, will let you know if I find out in the next day or two.

• lady_katie
    January 6 at 9:29 PM

Thanks everyone! At the moment I'm waiting for someone to call me to set up an intake. Hopefully I'll get more information during that process. 

• Charizma77
    January 6 at 9:38 PM

Same here

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

Not sure what that is, hope it works out for you though! 

• NiyasMom1
    January 6 at 9:39 PM
    Hope all goes well!!!
  • jaydensmom1726
    January 7 at 12:06 AM

they dont do service coordination  anymore.but the other service besides respite that we get for my son is habilative intervention. it used to be called ibi

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN