Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Featured Posts

Replies

• NiyasMom1
    January 4 at 4:55 PM
    This is horrible and unfortunately one if my biggest fears with my daughter. She is severely autistic also and wouldn't be able to tell me if someone was hurting her. The world is full of sick people!
  • JTMOM422
    January 4 at 4:59 PM

I agree its horrible. My son has some speech but not alot. I have turned down 28 hours of respite care a month because I refuse to leave my son with a stranger and him not be able to tell me anything

Quoting NiyasMom1: This is horrible and unfortunately one if my biggest fears with my daughter. She is severely autistic also and wouldn't be able to tell me if someone was hurting her. The world is full of sick people!

• Basherte
    January 4 at 5:11 PM

OMG

I throw my son on the couch, but he giggles, because I don't throw him to hurt him. I also bop him on the head with a pillow, same reason... he giggles... I don't swat him with it to hurt him. I lead my son by the hand or the arm, but never yank on him.

I would NEVER head butt him either.

This man needs to go away for a long time. 

• NiyasMom1
    January 4 at 5:13 PM
    I turned down respite also. DH and I both agree that we would rather keep her with us or our older children. I quit work to stay home with her because physical and sexual abuse is an unfortunate reality for many of our children.
  • Basherte
    January 4 at 5:13 PM

I am lucky that the last time he was being neglected he "told" us by throwing fits, and acting like he was sick  (well getting so upset that he would puke, which meant he couldn't go to the day care).

They weren't giving him any food and had a cup that he didn't like to use and insisting on him using that cup or nothing at all. He was there from a little after 6am til a little after 5 pm. That is way too freaking long to go without food. (they wouldn't let him use his fingers to eat and wouldn't help him use a utensil either) 

Needless to say I'm now a SAHM and I take care of him.

• wildchild.com
    January 4 at 5:38 PM
    That's just disgusting! He better get fired & jail time!
  • TheJerseyGirl
    January 4 at 5:52 PM
    That's so sickening. If it were just done random person it would be one thing, but a THERAPIST working with AUTISTIC children? I sometimes can't stomach the evil in this world I swear.
  • Connie04
    January 4 at 6:01 PM

Oh, that poor little guy!  He is just so adorable!  How could anyone do that to a child??  I feel so bad for that mother; that would be so heartbreaking to know you've left your child in that monster's "care".  I hope the family can find a really good therapist for him.

• darbyakeep45
    January 4 at 7:39 PM

That makes my heart hurt....that poor little boy.

• JTMOM422
    January 4 at 7:49 PM

I agree that I play rough with my son but this is just plain abuse.

Quoting Basherte:

OMG

I throw my son on the couch, but he giggles, because I don't throw him to hurt him. I also bop him on the head with a pillow, same reason... he giggles... I don't swat him with it to hurt him. I lead my son by the hand or the arm, but never yank on him.

I would NEVER head butt him either.

This man needs to go away for a long time. 

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts