Jen
    October 14, 2013 at 12:12 AM
    No. Is it good?
  • letstalk747
    October 14, 2013 at 12:12 AM

i have not , whats it about

• Angelmevans
    October 14, 2013 at 12:25 AM
    It is written by a 13 year old autistic Japanese boy. The book is from his point of view. It was translated by David Mitchell's wife.
  • Angelmevans
    October 14, 2013 at 12:28 AM
    I just ordered it. My mother in law was watching a show and was going to buy the book.
  • Angelmevans
    October 14, 2013 at 1:02 AM
    Bump
  • Ajisai43
    October 14, 2013 at 5:13 AM

I bought it a while ago and read it and for some reason I didn't care for it.  I am grateful that this young man so willingly opened up to us about his life and the world as he sees it and it would be great to see more books like his out there.  I guess his world, as it were, is so very different than my son's and I wouldn't want everyone to think his experience of autism is how it is for everyone.  But I encourage people to read it because it is fascinating, so if you can get your hands on it I would go for it.  :)

• darbyakeep45
    October 14, 2013 at 5:21 AM

Interesting...never heard of it. 

• JTMOM422
    October 14, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Never read it. I have read Dancing with David. It's about a mother's journey into her son's world. I also read the Carly Fleishmann book. Both were really good reads.

• Angelmevans
    October 14, 2013 at 1:20 PM
    I read some if the reviews and a couple of people had similar comments.

Quoting Ajisai43:

I bought it a while ago and read it and for some reason I didn't care for it.  I am grateful that this young man so willingly opened up to us about his life and the world as he sees it and it would be great to see more books like his out there.  I guess his world, as it were, is so very different than my son's and I wouldn't want everyone to think his experience of autism is how it is for everyone.  But I encourage people to read it because it is fascinating, so if you can get your hands on it I would go for it.  :)

• Momof4AEMW
    October 14, 2013 at 8:21 PM

No 

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts