Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Featured Posts
EthansMomma2010
Diapers?
October 13, 2013 at 2:52 PM

At what age will insurance cover diapers? We have been using cloth but they are getting really tight on my little man and I can't afford to buy a custom stash of bigger diapers. He is 3 and just starting to recognize that he has even gone  pee or poop much less being able to recognize that he needs to in time to go potty.

Replies

• NiyasMom1
    October 13, 2013 at 4:06 PM
    My friend in Florida says that insurance started paying for them when her son was around 4. Unfortunately here in Georgia, they aren't covered by our insurance and some of my friends here who are eligible for medicaid for their kids said that they didn't cover them either. I guess it depends on the state. Good luck!!
  • Rosebud27aj
    October 13, 2013 at 4:08 PM

I'm in mass and our insurance just covered them for my youngest. He's 3 1/2. My oldest was about the same age also, when insurance covered them. 

• Momof4AEMW
    October 13, 2013 at 4:17 PM

I'm in Iowa.  It was age 4 if your child was on a waiver and had medicaid.  I think it varies state to state.  I'd ask your doc/nurse or case worker if you have one.  They should know. 

• EthansMomma2010
    October 13, 2013 at 6:06 PM
    I will just call insurance. We just got medicaid but don't have contact info yet. He is supposed to have a pedi visit but I think his Dr is on maternity leave? Idk

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

I'm in Iowa.  It was age 4 if your child was on a waiver and had medicaid.  I think it varies state to state.  I'd ask your doc/nurse or case worker if you have one.  They should know. 

• EthansMomma2010
    October 13, 2013 at 6:08 PM
    Crap. I had to quit my job and idk how I'm gonna cover this. :( I didn't expect him to grow out of these so fast and cheap diapers give him rashes. :(

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

• darbyakeep45
    October 13, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Definitely depends on your insurance and state.  Good luck mama!

• Ashanti22
    October 13, 2013 at 6:19 PM
    I'm not sure good luck though my son is four years 4 months I'm nowhere near potty training him he's in disposable diapers he's a big boy the biggest size is starting to look small on him
  • EthansMomma2010
    October 13, 2013 at 6:26 PM

i am about to have him on medicaid and from what i have read i think it will be covered. i'm going to go to his dr asap and see if she will give us a rx. it seems like that is what is needed. i never knew how much money for "little stuff" an autistic kid could cost! holy moly!!!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

• darbyakeep45
    October 13, 2013 at 6:28 PM

My good friend has a little boy with Angelman Syndrome.  He's almost 6 and still in diapers.  Medicaid has covered diapers for him since he was 2-3 if I remember correctly.  You should be fine:)

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

i am about to have him on medicaid and from what i have read i think it will be covered. i'm going to go to his dr asap and see if she will give us a rx. it seems like that is what is needed. i never knew how much money for "little stuff" an autistic kid could cost! holy moly!!!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

• EthansMomma2010
    October 13, 2013 at 6:29 PM

I'm just shocked. i though we had way more time on his fluff!!

Quoting Ashanti22:

I'm not sure good luck though my son is four years 4 months I'm nowhere near potty training him he's in disposable diapers he's a big boy the biggest size is starting to look small on him

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts