Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Featured Posts
ThreeSweetPs
Confirmed!
August 21, 2013 at 2:16 PM
After having gone through 2 other evaluations, my son had another this morning. A team of 2 doctors and countless therapists, all experts in the field if autism, confirmed what I already knew: he has Aspergers. I'm feeling less crazy and more like a damn good advocate today!!! Trust your guts moms!!!!!!

Replies

• letstalk747
    August 21, 2013 at 5:21 PM

yup , trust your gut

• wildchild.com
    August 21, 2013 at 6:57 PM
    Always go with your instincts. For me there was a sence of relief when I finally got conformation.
  • hontine
    by hontine
    August 21, 2013 at 8:09 PM

I had no idea about my son.  He was 11 when he was diagnosed.  My family and I though he was just sensitive because he was so bright in all aspects except social skills.  Once we found out it really all made sense and I felt a little ashamed of myself that I didn't know before hand.  Good job mom.

• Charizma77
    August 21, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Glad you trusted your gut and can move forward now!

• ThreeSweetPs
    August 21, 2013 at 10:04 PM
    You should not feel the least bit ashamed. It can be very tricky to diagnose and is easily masked by areas of strength.

Quoting hontine:

I had no idea about my son.  He was 11 when he was diagnosed.  My family and I though he was just sensitive because he was so bright in all aspects except social skills.  Once we found out it really all made sense and I felt a little ashamed of myself that I didn't know before hand.  Good job mom.

• Momof4AEMW
    August 21, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Good for you, Mom!  I felt the same way, very victorious, triumphant, and vindicated.  Good luck getting the Adrenalin out of your system today!! :)

• laurag8707
    August 21, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Good job for being on top of things momma

• mypbandj
    Jen
    August 21, 2013 at 11:46 PM
    Yay! You go momma!!
  • TheJerseyGirl
    August 22, 2013 at 6:34 AM

Absolutely! We know our kids better than anyone!

• oscarsmom70
    August 22, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Good for you to fight for your son to ensure he will get the care he needs!

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN