Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Angelmevans
Tantrum evening
August 9, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Going to be a bad night. He got upset because his sock would not go one straight. He then proceeded to kick everything. I love him with all my heart but hate these tantrums.

Replies

• Charizma77
    August 9, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Hoping the night gets better for you and him. Hang in there!

• TheJerseyGirl
    August 9, 2013 at 9:03 PM
    Stop it! That used to be Dillon except he didn't kick but would cry or grit his teeth.

It's gonna get better, I promise!
  • Angelmevans
    August 9, 2013 at 10:18 PM
    I hope so. His therapist has given us some techniques to use during these times which help sometimes. She told us it is a new strategy she learned.

When they are acting mean and disrespectful that is "mean jean" , "rock brain" holds onto things and does not let it go such as thoughts.
  • wildchild.com
    August 9, 2013 at 10:39 PM
    (((hugs))) mama
  • xanadu96
    August 9, 2013 at 10:48 PM
    Hugs!! Why is it things that seem minor to us will set these kids off in an instant?

Any chance you would you please share the techniques?

Quoting Angelmevans:

I hope so. His therapist has given us some techniques to use during these times which help sometimes. She told us it is a new strategy she learned.

When they are acting mean and disrespectful that is "mean jean" , "rock brain" holds onto things and does not let it go such as thoughts.

• Angelmevans
    August 9, 2013 at 11:57 PM
    I posted the techniques. Let me know if you would like more information
  • darbyakeep45
    August 10, 2013 at 7:10 AM

I'm sorry mama...hugs!

• SAMI_JO
    by SAMI_JO
    October 14, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Do whatever it takes to get his mind off the "target" of the tantrum. If you can get his attention onto something else, it will help.

• Angelmevans
    October 15, 2013 at 1:27 AM
    We have been really focusing on the new strategies from the therapist which is called super flex curriculum.

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum