Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Featured Posts
adreeves
Dealing SSI and overpayments
June 28, 2013 at 11:01 PM

I have my son on SSI mostly for the medicaid but the money does help for his needs. It is frustrating though b/c we have to turn in our income every month and they are always a month behing. It is hard to keep up with how much money of his money we can acutally use without having to pay it back and of course they dont want you having any of it left. Well they did a review of his case and know they have gone back quite of few months and are saying b/c his resources were over the limit he did not qualify but that was many months ago and I have already used the funds. Does anyone esle have to deal with this?

Replies

• mypbandj
    Jen
    June 28, 2013 at 11:30 PM

I don't have that experiece but that sounds awful! I can't imagine getting money that you are supposed to use just to have someone say a few months later they need it back. I don't think I could deal with that stress. I'd rather not get any money at all if I had to do that. 

I hope you figure it out!

• Jenn8604
    June 28, 2013 at 11:31 PM
    I'm just now dealing with it. they just take it out of his total he gets for the month.
  • adreeves
    June 28, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Yeah but the amount of overpayment seems to keep going up and they only take out 10 percent out of the amount he does get. The amount he gets changes from month to month. We really need the medicaid and that is why I havent been working but that might have to change especially if they say we have to pay back for those other months also.

• TheLadyAmalthea
    June 29, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Oh my gosh, I deal with this crap monthly. It is always their fault! They are always calculating it wrong. They said I owed them last month... I took in all our past pay stubs and they did it again, and ended up owing us $600! I have a feeling they are screwing us over again in July, because we are suddenly receiving a hundred less than last month. Go in with all your records and make them do it again. They are most likely screwing you over.

• TheLadyAmalthea
    June 29, 2013 at 1:38 AM

They told me I had to write them a check from our personal account for over $300, due in two weeks. They are trying to see if they get people who don't know their rights or don't realize they can ask them to do their paperwork again. I went in there with 5 previous months of pay stubs and every single letter they sent me. They couldn't doctor it up while I was staring them in the face, so they said "oops! We made a mistake. You don't owe us $300, we owe you $600! Sorry bout that, our bad!" They con seemingly innocent or otherwise ignorant people. I do the math myself, and I'm no rocket scientist, I suck at math. So if I get it right, the person at the office getting paid to do simple addition and subtraction should also get it right, but I think they get paid to make mistakes. They do this to me pretty much every month. Those people see me walk in and know why I'm there. You'd think they would put a note on the file that said this chick ain't messin around! Sorry, long winded rant...

Quoting Jenn8604:

I'm just now dealing with it. they just take it out of his total he gets for the month.

• TheJerseyGirl
    June 29, 2013 at 7:10 AM

We dont receive anything so I'm not much help. Sorry!

• darbyakeep45
    June 29, 2013 at 7:52 AM

Hugs mama!

• yourdoingwhat
    July 2, 2013 at 10:41 PM

I live in PA and we had an overpayment one month and the letter that was sent said if all the money was used for the child it did not have to be paid back. Now the only thing we use his money for is the internet bill. The only things he watches are mickey and dora. He watches mickey on youtube more than any of us actually use the computer lol. So we use his money to pay for that part of the cable bill. So I didn't argue with them since we use the computer also.

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN