April is Autism Awareness Month
- Let's help raise awareness on CafeMom by creating one long thread dedicated to Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- Reply to this post with ribbons, symbols, logos, links, bumps and any thoughts that you'd like to share.
Three members who reply to this post during the month of April will WIN a CafeMom Travel Mug.
For more information on Autism, click here:
- ASD Moms: Click Here for Help with Diagnosis, Treatment, Potty Training, Meltdowns and More!
- Autism Resources
Here are links to more giveaways dedicated to Autism Awareness Month:
- "Autism Awareness Month!" WIN a $25 Gift Card and Other Prizes!!*
- Raise Awareness about Autism - 3 moms will WIN Prizes!!
- How much do we have in common? Share Your Autism Story & WIN!!
- Picture Post! Show us something or someone that you love! WIN a PRIZE!
- You know you're an "autism mom" when...
by BluntlyBlueApril 2 at 9:23 AM
by mommyshereApril 2 at 11:33 AM
by mommyshereApril 2 at 11:34 AM
No,this is a separate thing, spearheaded by the Autistic Self Advocacy Network - an autism support organization run by autistic people - the ones who know best what autism is really like.
This is to promote acceptance of autism rather than awareness. There's plenty of awareness, and too much awareness based on fear-mongering.
ASAN's slogan is "Nothing about us without us."
Does the color that we're supposed to light it up change each year?