Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

JCKitten87
venting, not sure what to do..
January 30, 2013 at 10:29 PM
The last few weeks have been super stressful. I'm sure it's nothing compared to some people but I am beginning to feel like breaking down and definitely feel an episode of depression settling in :(

So start with things getting tight back in August between moving and letting a friend stay with us to help them get back on their feet... She screwed us over on rent n groceries... Ended up having to take out an installment loan to get by... Things seemed to be settling down in November... So in December I make the stupid decision of getting a tax advance cuz I volunteered to host Christmas at my house... A week after Christmas my new boss cuts my hours from 40 a week to 12 a week.. my husbands job cuts his hours after the holidays too.. sigh. I'm starting to get my hours back because the guy who was my boss got demoted for sucking as a manager. The last few weeks I have been working at 2 different stores for the same company to try to get my hours but I just feel like the manager at my home store wants to find a reason to fire me because his wife doesn't like me for something that a girl who hasn't been my friend for over a year did to her about 5 months ago. Currently I don't know how to pay my electric cuz it is double what it normally is, and with being so behind lately we have been depending on our daughter's SSI, well she is getting almost nothing for February becuz of a bonus my husband got in December.

And speaking of SSI, I received a letter from them today saying they need to review our case to see if we r still eligible and that something does not match the states computer reported income, but I have sent in our pay stubs every month. It says also to have the listed information with me when I call or come in but the section under info to have is blank. It also mentions to sign a form if my husband or me will not be available, but there was not a form included. The letter really made no sense what so ever. I'm probably stressing over nothing. I plan to go to the office in the morning...

I plan to pay off all of our unnecessary bills when we get our taxes and I have been considering quitting my job... I was passed up for the manager position for a guy who had barely been with the company long enough to be out of the probationary period when I have been a loyal employee for almost 2 years. The guy is the person who cut my hours, and his boss did chew him a new one for that because he had no legitimate reason to cut my hours. I feel so stressed no matter what, I used to love my job and now I feel like I have to watch my back on anything and everything I do. I just know if I can't pull myself out of this depression, that I will make things worse for myself :(

Sorry for typos and such, I'm posting from a cell. And if anyone actually reads this, thanks for caring

Replies

• JTMOM422
    January 30, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Sounds like you have alot on your plate momma. Can you maybe move to the other store if you feel the manager at your home store is trying to find a reason to fire you. I would see if that is an option. I know that saying try to take care of yourself is sometimes a cliche but you really need to try. Depression is hard. I know I suffer from it and anxiety. One of the things that I find that helps when I can't talk to someone is journaling. It lets you release emotions you would otherwise just hold in. I would give it a try.  I am really hoping things turn around for you this new year.

• JCKitten87
    January 30, 2013 at 10:57 PM
    I've considered fully transferring but the most hours I can get at this other store right now is 13, which after I pay off all my bills won't be a big deal. I didn't mention that my bed and living room furniture are all rent to own ugh. I only make 7.50 an hour so I don't make too much in the first place. My husband makes 9.25 so even without my job we would get by. I need to write again, it's been years. The hardest thing is I "broke up" with my bestfriend a year ago. She picked a then New boyfriend over a decade of friendship and her god daughter, but I knew her friendship was toxic for a very long time and she was one of the few friends I had. The girl who screwed me over I thought was a friend and then my only other real friend moved away for graduate school.

Letting things out is why I got on here :) I so miss socializing

Quoting JTMOM422:

Sounds like you have alot on your plate momma. Can you maybe move to the other store if you feel the manager at your home store is trying to find a reason to fire you. I would see if that is an option. I know that saying try to take care of yourself is sometimes a cliche but you really need to try. Depression is hard. I know I suffer from it and anxiety. One of the things that I find that helps when I can't talk to someone is journaling. It lets you release emotions you would otherwise just hold in. I would give it a try.  I am really hoping things turn around for you this new year.

• blessedhappymom
    January 30, 2013 at 11:28 PM
    I remember working an things getting so political at the office. My husband said the magic words, "quit and stay home with the boys". I did and it hasn't been easy. Ther were times we barely scraped by. Have you considered looking for another job? In the midst of things it seems like the problem is goin to swallow you, but things will get better :-)
  • Macphee
    by Macphee
    January 31, 2013 at 7:15 AM
    It's so difficult to have that much on your plate.
    I hope things lighten up for you.
    In regards to light Bill, winter months are expensive because of heating.
    Are you guys eligible for food stamps?

A little while ago, we were barely making it and using credit cards for food and clothes.
  • JCKitten87
    January 31, 2013 at 9:55 AM
    No we don't :( if I was to lose my job we would qualify for $150ish a month. Between mine and my husbands income and my daughter's SSI we have to pay for her state insurance

Quoting Macphee:

A little while ago, we were barely making it and using credit cards for food and clothes.
  • Macphee
    by Macphee
    January 31, 2013 at 10:11 AM
    If you leave work, the state would pay for her medical?

Quoting JCKitten87:

No we don't :( if I was to lose my job we would qualify for $150ish a month. Between mine and my husbands income and my daughter's SSI we have to pay for her state insurance

Quoting Macphee:

• JCKitten87
    January 31, 2013 at 12:47 PM
    Yea, we are over the limit by $7 so we pay $22 for her insurance. I don't mind paying for it. It's a lot cheaper and covers a lot more than what we can get through my husbands job, which we can't afford anyway. I just got home from the SSI office, and the letter was about money I won in 2011 before I even applied for my daughter's SSI from an instant win ticket. Also they accused me of not turning in all of my husband's pay stubs for December but I made sure to take November and December pay stubs with me and the letters that confirms they had received them. They also had me do a re-qualification interview, which was fun (insert sarcasm) while Jas tried to run around because almost2 hours is too long for her to sit still lol she loved playing under the counter for sure.

Quoting Macphee:

If you leave work, the state would pay for her medical?

Quoting JCKitten87:

Quoting Macphee:

• MomOfOneCoolKid
    January 31, 2013 at 1:51 PM

i'm praying for you mom.

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts