Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Featured Posts
charley31
any advice out there
November 19, 2012 at 6:39 PM
i posted my first post earlier today. I've been reading info about autism and it sounds like my son has this. His drs and behaviorist have told me he has i guess red flags. I don't know what to think or do. I have no support from family at all that i can talk to. They rarely see my son and when they do he acts shy since they are new so they have never seen how angry andphysically aggressive he is. R these signs of autism... Angry, short tempered, physically aggressive towards parents and family dogs, hydroceohalus, walks on tip toes, diagnosed by neuro with having an ocular tic, always rubs his ear, extremely smart...like he memories things really quick, he either has diarrhea or constituted and his neuro Dr mentioned he had a broad forehead. I would just.like some advice please. He's a hard boy to handle and i feel like im horrible if i yell because maybe its not his fault

Replies

• KatyTylersMom
    November 19, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Since you already have a neurologist, ask for an appointment for an autism screening or if your neurologist doesn't do that kind of thing, get a referral for one who does.  Depending on your child that neurologist may ask for you to go get other tests done (ADOS, intelligence testing, a speech evaluation, etc.) with other professionals but a pediatric neurologist or pediatric psychologist/developmental pediatrician are the ones who can give you a diagnosis. 

• charley31
    November 19, 2012 at 7:13 PM
    Thanks. He has an appt with chop to be tested for autism, odd etc i just didnt know it sounds like he has autism. His speech is great. His neuro and pediatrician have both told me to have him evaluated. I didnt know if all those symptoms i listed are i guess on the spectrum of autism. I just want to be able to help him. He hits himself a lot too and i don't know what to do
  • amonkeymom
    Amy
    November 21, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Yes, those can be some signs of autism.

Welcome to the group.

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!