Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Featured Posts
Dissolutions
what the heck!?!?
October 7, 2012 at 2:36 PM

While the pumpkin patch was fun we ended up running into some friends and they had their daughter who was 3 with them. We were paying for our pumpkins and i was letting nova play in the gravel, she was being good, wasnt trowing te gravel, just pouring it with her hands back onto the ground and since Nova has SPD she is just amazed by it, and their daughter joined in and suddenly her father freaked out which made their daughter start to cry, which prompted the comment, "Whenever she gets around her (my daughter being her), she acts like a freaking baby." yeah, that comment really hurt me ALOT :-/

Replies

• Jenn8604
    October 9, 2012 at 12:38 PM
    WOW SOUNDS LIKE THEIR KIDS JUST A BIG BABY!! Nova was fine and DID NOT CAUSE THEIR KID TO CRY HER FATHER DID!! Good job Nova playing with gravel and trying something new to the touch. Ignore the father, cuz obviously hes just plain stupid.
  • terri-553
    October 9, 2012 at 6:36 PM

What is the big deal???Kids are kids??and they are ??3/?he needsto get a gripe/life,Grow-up

• Pam11
    by Pam11
    October 10, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Is he YOUR friend or is his wife/spouse your friend?  If he's your friend, the next time you see or talk to him, I would tell him how hurtful he has been..  Then "enlighten" him to the benefits of playing in gravel, etc... for any small child, etc...   And to "lighten up"...  It might "broaden" his mind a-bit....   If his spouse is your "friend", mention it to her...  Maybe, just maybe, he didn't realize what a jerk he has been...  Men can be that way some times(alot)..  I have a son-in-law like that..  I have to be gentle about it when bring up "what he has done wrong", but he does think about it.  And he has made a real effort to think before he talks more now... "Would I be hurt/ offended if someone has said that to me?"  type of thought...  He's a "work-in-progress" but he has made much progress and a lot less hurt feeling in our family(and his) since our "little" talk...  And you're not doing him/you any favors by keeping him in the dark...  He needs to be "enlighten"...  And if it happens again, you know they are truly no real friends of your, so cut them out of your life...  No one with a special child has time to waste on "friends" like that...  I agree with the other moms...  Don't let this kind of person dictate your joy with your kids...  I really know how hard that can be sometimes.  I struggle with it too.  Huge hugs!!!

P.S.  I would bet my last dollar, the other people around that saw and heard him thought HE was a jerk AND not your kidos or you!!  Remember that!!   : )

• Rachelle11503
    October 10, 2012 at 2:55 PM

WOW! What a jerk! I feel bad for his kid, she probably isn't allowed to be a "kid" and have fun :( I'm like you though, I can't help but let people's ignorant comments get to me. Good for you for letting her indulge her senses!

• Dissolutions
    October 11, 2012 at 1:39 PM

its my DH's friend, and i am pretty good friends with his GF though and shes so understanding of what nova's issues are, understood the harness, didnt care about the gravel at all, but man her BF he just spazzed! its horse crap. i dont plan to hang out with them any time soon and if i do, he will not be there.

Quoting Pam11:

Is he YOUR friend or is his wife/spouse your friend?  If he's your friend, the next time you see or talk to him, I would tell him how hurtful he has been..  Then "enlighten" him to the benefits of playing in gravel, etc... for any small child, etc...   And to "lighten up"...  It might "broaden" his mind a-bit....   If his spouse is your "friend", mention it to her...  Maybe, just maybe, he didn't realize what a jerk he has been...  Men can be that way some times(alot)..  I have a son-in-law like that..  I have to be gentle about it when bring up "what he has done wrong", but he does think about it.  And he has made a real effort to think before he talks more now... "Would I be hurt/ offended if someone has said that to me?"  type of thought...  He's a "work-in-progress" but he has made much progress and a lot less hurt feeling in our family(and his) since our "little" talk...  And you're not doing him/you any favors by keeping him in the dark...  He needs to be "enlighten"...  And if it happens again, you know they are truly no real friends of your, so cut them out of your life...  No one with a special child has time to waste on "friends" like that...  I agree with the other moms...  Don't let this kind of person dictate your joy with your kids...  I really know how hard that can be sometimes.  I struggle with it too.  Huge hugs!!!

P.S.  I would bet my last dollar, the other people around that saw and heard him thought HE was a jerk AND not your kidos or you!!  Remember that!!   : )

• smarieljlee
    October 11, 2012 at 1:41 PM
    Tell him to go f*** himself. Asshole

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN