Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Featured Posts
tinatyty2011
I lost my son 2 nights ago.
October 6, 2012 at 11:15 PM
I am coming here in hopes my son will be put in the hearts of everyone who has a child on the spectrum. I lost my son, Desmond Thomas, 12, on Oct. 3,2012. He was hit by a car. Desmond was my most precious child, with autism. If you are a parent with one of these gifts from God, you know the wonderful work he has put before us. You know the struggle. Desmond was a runner, and Desmond ALWAYS seemed to have a place he wanted to be. As parents you spend your whole life tryin to watch every move they make, every step they take. But you know life doesn't make that a reality for a mom. I loved my son and oh how I miss him so. Autism has made me happy, and now it has made me sad. But this I know, my child was the purest thing on Earth and he was very happy. I hurt so much inside to know that there are still so many out there who don't know the highs and lows of autism, with their misconceptions and prejudgements. Knowledge is power. If you have a child with autism, if he's ever run off from you, you will understand my story. A tragic one it is. But I am hoping out of these ashes will rise a powerful phoenix, one raise awareness and spread the word that autism an unexplainable gift, and curse. Please love these "special angels", I beg you. Because I will forever love mine.

Replies

• JTMOM422
    October 8, 2012 at 9:30 AM

My prayers go out to you and your family. My son too is a runner and it scares me all the time. I wish you didn't have to endure the pain you all must be feeling.

• repetition
    October 8, 2012 at 9:41 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss. I have a runner as well.

• tinatyty2011
    October 8, 2012 at 10:28 AM
    Ya'll words are keeping me strong. Thank you all. I'm lying in bed not wanting to make these funeral arrangements but... Man, this pain just keeps settling in my heart. Gotta get up though. Cause I KNOW FOR SURE if Lil Dez was here, I would have been out this bed A LONGG TIME AGO! :)
  • mommy1394m
    October 8, 2012 at 12:24 PM
    I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the pain you are going through.
  • ventigurl
    October 8, 2012 at 12:48 PM
    I am so, so sorry for your loss. :"( My thoughts & prayers are with you. <3
  • jaydensmom1726
    October 8, 2012 at 1:46 PM

hugs and prayers for you and your family.

my son is also a runner

• Crocopooh
    October 8, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Thank you for sharing. I am so sorry for your loss.  I can only imagine the feelings you are experiencing.  

• cmsloco
    by cmsloco
    October 8, 2012 at 2:34 PM

This is one of my biggest fears.   My child is a runner as well.  He tries to leave school to come home, he runs in parking lots, he basically runs every chance he gets.  I am so sorry for your loss.  Words cant convey your grief I am sure, but you show the love of your child with purity and sweetness that a true mommy has and will always have whether they are here or they are with the Father.

• elismomdanni
    October 8, 2012 at 2:39 PM

I am soo sorry for your lose, my child who is only 3 has also run off we have a park across the street and he has went to it and thankfully there has been no accidents.  I now have high locks on the doors to prevent this..  I just wanted to thank you for sharing your story.  I love your attitude about autism and it is beautiful.   You are a beautiful person and amazing too.  I know your Desmond is with the angels now.

• JKent958
    October 8, 2012 at 3:00 PM

I can't eve imagine your pain.  I can only say I am sorry.  Grandma Judy

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN