Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Featured Posts
tinatyty2011
I lost my son 2 nights ago.
October 6, 2012 at 11:15 PM
I am coming here in hopes my son will be put in the hearts of everyone who has a child on the spectrum. I lost my son, Desmond Thomas, 12, on Oct. 3,2012. He was hit by a car. Desmond was my most precious child, with autism. If you are a parent with one of these gifts from God, you know the wonderful work he has put before us. You know the struggle. Desmond was a runner, and Desmond ALWAYS seemed to have a place he wanted to be. As parents you spend your whole life tryin to watch every move they make, every step they take. But you know life doesn't make that a reality for a mom. I loved my son and oh how I miss him so. Autism has made me happy, and now it has made me sad. But this I know, my child was the purest thing on Earth and he was very happy. I hurt so much inside to know that there are still so many out there who don't know the highs and lows of autism, with their misconceptions and prejudgements. Knowledge is power. If you have a child with autism, if he's ever run off from you, you will understand my story. A tragic one it is. But I am hoping out of these ashes will rise a powerful phoenix, one raise awareness and spread the word that autism an unexplainable gift, and curse. Please love these "special angels", I beg you. Because I will forever love mine.

Replies

• angelachristine
    October 9, 2012 at 2:43 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. My dd is a runner too and this is one of my worst fears. I can't even express how sorry I am. My heart hurts for you. I wish I was religious so I could say I'll pray for you but I'm not. You will be in my thoughts though.

hugs

• Pam11
    by Pam11
    October 9, 2012 at 2:55 PM

I'm so very very sorry for your loss!!  Prayer are on the way....   John-Paul is 6 and a runner also that will sometimes try his hardest to brake away from me.  He's not trying to be difficult and mean...  It's sometimes like a secret game he is playing and you never know when he 's going to be playing it..  It's one of so many fears I have..  He's a quiet wanderer too, so you have to have someone with him, watching he all the time..  I finally broke down and had a discussion about a handicapped license plate with his doctor.  So when I'm alone with him, I don't have to park so far away from the door we need to walk in...  She wholeheartedly agreed with me..  She gets it when it comes to John-Paul safety...  I am horribly sorry for you and your family's loss !!  I can't even imagine your pain!   I'm also feel for the person who hit and killed him...  I can't imagine the pain that person must be having right now, knowing, even if it was an accident, a child died...  I'm praying for everyone touch by this horrible tragedy...  Lots of loving prayers and HUGE HUGS!!!

praying   hugs

• Maritzat
    October 9, 2012 at 5:28 PM

wow... I just don't have words to expless my feeling for you and your family. 

God bless you all, and gives you the strength needed for the days to come.

My prayers are with all of you.hugs

• jthompson1976
    October 9, 2012 at 11:48 PM

IAM SORRY SORRY TO HEAR OF THE LOSS OF YOUR SON. THAT GIVES MY CHILL BUMPS JUST THINKING ABOUT IT. MY DAUGTHER NOT A RUNNER  SOME TIME WONDER OFF IN STORE IM ALWAYS WORRED     MY THOUGHT PRYS GOES OUT TO YOU ANY YOUR FAMILY... 

• Autiziumom
    Ana
    October 10, 2012 at 12:05 AM
    I haven't responded becuz I was crying for a good while with my husband. I'm so sorry. I cannot fathom the pain. My son use to be a runner. On occasions he will run. I'm heart broken for ur family and u. May our Lord console u and ur family! God bless.
  • SugarbearNHoney
    October 10, 2012 at 1:08 AM

you are in our thoughts and prayers

• tictacmama
    October 10, 2012 at 2:57 AM

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My son runs off from me a lot and I am terrified he will be hit by a car. I pray for you in these days to come. My heart is with you.

• 1Giovanni
    October 10, 2012 at 3:06 AM
    I am sorry for your lost.
  • MamaGlitterBug
    October 10, 2012 at 5:17 PM
    I'm sooo terribly sorry for your loss, prayers
  • GrammaJane46
    October 10, 2012 at 8:28 PM

We also have a runner, and it is SO frightening.  My heart hurst so for you, and I am so sorry for your loss.  Just remember that this is the method God chose to see that our son is forever safe, now.  May His grace carry you through this difficult time of grief,.

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts