Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Nania1018
Why is my post being overlooked.....
December 7, 2012 at 12:50 PM

I am Just a grandmother trying to get information.  I have been other support groups, that greet new members right away.  I don't know if it is because I am a grandparent, or what I really need to find out what I can on this to help support my daughter and grandson.  So I can help with my grandson, and him and me to understand things.......So please respond soon....banging head into wall

Replies

• proudofwyatt

i'm pretty new here too, but i am sorry that no one has welcomed you to cafe mom. let me be the first to say welcome! maybe you should start with what is going on with your grandson... does he have a diagnosis? or symptoms of anything?  what are your questions? how old is he? that sort of thing. maybe will help get conversations started.

• myfirstborn04
    Hugs- I'm sorry I haven't seen your post but I'm not on here but here in there. ESP after my boys get home I'm super busy. With that said let me introduce my self and then you can ask away. My name is Maria I am a mother of four boys. Wesley is 8 has asd, Ian is 7 has adhd, David is 5 has ocd and possibly aspergers. Jorge is 26 months and being evaluated through early steps. How old is your grandchild and what is his dx or possible condition?
  • smarieljlee
    Haven't seen you post before. Welcome!
  • girl_incognito
    i just responded to it. Sometimes poeple don't intentionally overlook posts, they just may not know how to answer them. Welcome to the group
  • Bradysmom83

Sorry you felt your post was overlooked.  I have felt that way about a post or two of mine as well.  I hope you do not take it personally.  There are times I want to reply or post but I get so busy with work or my son, I forget or just do not have the time.  I feel this group is supportive and I hope you find it supportive too :-)

hugswelcome

• RockinMama0608

Welcome to the group!  I am sorry that your post was overlooked.  Give it time and I am sure you will get some answers  :) 

Some ways that you can be supportive of your daughter is to listen when she needs a shoulder to cry on (or vent).  My mom lives several states away (hubby is military) and has been very supportive.  She may get angry at times and may not want advice.  This is normal throughout the diagnosis process.  You can start reading articles or books about autism so that you are familiar with the diagnosis.  Autism Speaks (www.autismspeaks.org) has a list of resources, articles, and events within the autism community. 

And, you are welcome in this group!  It is wonderful that you are seeking information to help your daughter and your grandson  ((hugs))

• navyjen
    by navyjen

Welcome to the group.   Can you move your post to the general discussion area.  It tends to get more members attention there than in the "Just us Girls" forum.   SOrry you feel your post is being overlooked!

• Aspiemom0203
    Welcome! Sorry you were overlooked. What can we help you with. BTW I'll be a grandma in January!
  • Nania1018

Thank You, I am have troubles getting around this site.  how do I get to the general discussion area, from Just us Girls.....Thank you for making me feel welcome.......group hug

• aidensmomma508

I didn't see it yet. sorry :/ welcome to the group! 

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum