Frugalistas

Featured Posts
KenzieQsMommy
I'm Ashamed to Brag!
February 26 at 9:14 AM
Okay, not really but sorta. At the beginning of the year I made a pact with myself. NO MORE DRIVE THRUS!!!! Pregnant, exhausted and craving everything in sight I made drive thrus a bad habit last year. A very, very bad habit. Not only is fast food of any kind very unhealthy but its also very expensive. It was all too easy to make a quick stop. But I wasn't losing the weight after having my son, I felt like I was gaining. I'm proud that I have really stuck with that resolution, even though my dh tempts me with his own bad habits. I still haven't lost the weight (20lbs left, just need to get more active and the weather isn't helping!) But I feel much healthier and way less lethargic and run down.

Replies

• polkaspots
    February 26 at 9:15 AM
    That's awesome. Right now I'm trying to cut out soda entirely. It hasn't fully happened yet, I've had about five cans so far.
  • KenzieQsMommy
    February 26 at 9:23 AM
    That's a good start!!

Quoting polkaspots: That's awesome. Right now I'm trying to cut out soda entirely. It hasn't fully happened yet, I've had about five cans so far.
  • polkaspots
    February 26 at 9:35 AM
    It is. I used to go through a two liter of Pepsi a week, now I don't buy any at all. Today I had half a can of soda because my two year old opened it.
    I'm sure you'll lose the weight soon. Are you replacing the fast food with something healthy? I've been drinking flavored water and plain water instead of soda. .

Quoting KenzieQsMommy: That's a good start!!

Quoting polkaspots: That's awesome. Right now I'm trying to cut out soda entirely. It hasn't fully happened yet, I've had about five cans so far.
  • KenzieQsMommy
    February 26 at 9:45 AM
    I eat a lot more veggies like fresh spinach. I make pretty much all of our meals at home, occasionally I get a deli sandwich or dh treats us to Chili's but I eat healthier now. I also breastfeed which burns calories. I just need to increase my activity level.

Quoting polkaspots: It is. I used to go through a two liter of Pepsi a week, now I don't buy any at all. Today I had half a can of soda because my two year old opened it.
    I'm sure you'll lose the weight soon. Are you replacing the fast food with something healthy? I've been drinking flavored water and plain water instead of soda. .

• KenzieQsMommy
    February 26 at 9:47 AM
    And I used to drink a lot of soda too. I cut back, I still drink it but I have coffee a lot more often. I drink a TON of water. Like 100oz a day.

Quoting polkaspots: It is. I used to go through a two liter of Pepsi a week, now I don't buy any at all. Today I had half a can of soda because my two year old opened it.

• RosePetalTears
    February 26 at 10:04 AM

you'll get there! and good job on avoiding drive thrus. 

• KenzieQsMommy
    February 26 at 10:07 AM
    It was so bad, and dh was my biggest culprit. He'd always talk me into it. I've stayed strong though and he actually said he's proud of me for not giving in :)
    Now if it would stop snowing and everyone in my house would stay healthy I could go for walks!

Quoting RosePetalTears:

you'll get there! and good job on avoiding drive thrus. 

• BeachLifeMama
    February 26 at 10:10 AM
    Good job for sticking with your resolution.
  • polkaspots
    February 26 at 10:29 AM
    I drink about five liters a day, not sure exactly how much that is in ounces. My flavored water comes in liter bottles and I refill them throughout the day.
    I've been cooking a lot more from scratch instead of getting processed foods. It's helped a lot, but now my issue is we never have any snack foods. I'm going to make muffins when DH gets home.

Quoting KenzieQsMommy: And I used to drink a lot of soda too. I cut back, I still drink it but I have coffee a lot more often. I drink a TON of water. Like 100oz a day.

• AzariahsMother
    February 26 at 11:00 AM

We haven't had fast food in I don't know how long.  Really hurts the budget when you do it so often, so I understand.  But the good thing is you know it's something that you need and are cutting out. 

Frugalistas

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts