Frugalistas

Featured Posts
GrandmaSherry
Ham Question
January 8, 2014 at 2:28 PM

I cooked a spiral ham on New Years Day.  It was huge.  We have eaten off of it 3 times and I still have some ham left.  Do you think its ok to freeze some of these ham slices?  Its been a week....hubby left out of state on Sunday and my daughter is vegetarian.  That just leaves me for now and I don't want to let this ham go to waste.  

Replies

• michiganmom116
    January 8, 2014 at 2:36 PM

if the ham isn't discolored and smells and tastes fine, it will be good to freeze it in portions.

• GrandmaSherry
    January 8, 2014 at 2:39 PM

Quoting michiganmom116:

if the ham isn't discolored and smells and tastes fine, it will be good to freeze it in portions.

It looks great still....the date on the ham when I bought it was Jan 15.  So if I hadn't purchased it then it probably would still be at the store waiting to be sold.  Its basically one of those hams thats spiral cut and pretty much cooked....it just required 10 minutes of heating per pound.

Thanks Rhonda!

• victoriaherring
    January 8, 2014 at 2:43 PM

It should be fine. My mom bought me a honey baked ham right before Thanksgiving and I had the same issue of not being able to eat it all.. My grandma took a bunch of catering type courses years ago and she was telling me is should be easy to freeze it. Just wrap it up in portions and put it in the freezer. She even went into how to do it on a platter where all you have to do is pull it out for a party, but that is a whole other post.. lol

• GrandmaSherry
    January 8, 2014 at 2:47 PM

Wow....that sounds interesting!  I think I'm going to put some into portions and then put it away in the freezer.  It will be good to pull out one morning to have for dinner.

Quoting victoriaherring:

It should be fine. My mom bought me a honey baked ham right before Thanksgiving and I had the same issue of not being able to eat it all.. My grandma took a bunch of catering type courses years ago and she was telling me is should be easy to freeze it. Just wrap it up in portions and put it in the freezer. She even went into how to do it on a platter where all you have to do is pull it out for a party, but that is a whole other post.. lol

• TheBabyFactory4
    January 8, 2014 at 5:54 PM
    I've eaten off mine since new years and put the rest in the the freezer on Monday. I have a few more recipes to use it for but wanted to change up and bit
  • GrandmaSherry
    January 8, 2014 at 6:27 PM

Quoting TheBabyFactory4: I've eaten off mine since new years and put the rest in the the freezer on Monday. I have a few more recipes to use it for but wanted to change up and bit

I know it....I do too!  You do get tired of ham every single day! LOL

• specialwingz
    January 9, 2014 at 10:59 AM

As others have said, should be just fine.  =)

• pinkcoffeecup
    January 9, 2014 at 11:04 AM

Go ahead and put it in freezer bags. It will freeze for a long long time.

• Stacie03
    January 9, 2014 at 3:51 PM

Totally fine to freeze as long as it still tastes/smells good.  I have so much in my freezer from hosting so many different Christmas's.  

• AzariahsMother
    January 9, 2014 at 9:45 PM
    I wouldn't eat. I read somewhere if its been in fridge for more then 3 days it's no longer good.

Frugalistas

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts