Featured Posts
RosePetalTears
prices going up again :(
August 16, 2013 at 3:20 PM

I went to walmart to stock up on things like baking soda, salt, sugar, flour, vinegar, etc and decided to get some whole chickens. I can normally get a twin pack of tyson chicken for .97 a lb and I bought and used them last week.     I went to get them today and they had gone up to 1.07 a lb!  grrr!

Replies

• aneela
    by aneela
    August 16, 2013 at 3:42 PM

ugh that sucks....

• AzariahsMother
    August 16, 2013 at 3:42 PM
    Sorry, have not really noticed.
  • aneela
    by aneela
    August 16, 2013 at 3:43 PM

i wish i had a chest freezer to stock up on meats when they are on a great sale cycle...but sadly dont...

• michiganmom116
    August 16, 2013 at 5:27 PM

yeah, that happens.

• Lindalou907
    August 17, 2013 at 3:50 PM

I hate when that happens! Do you check the grocery ads weekly? I usually only buy whole chickens when they are 79 cents a lb. But I'm in so. California.

• Moms_Angels1960
    August 18, 2013 at 8:46 AM

I've been noticing that at our Wal'Mart also that prices are going up. My hill just keeps getting higher.

• Stacie03
    August 19, 2013 at 1:42 PM

If you have an Aldi in your area check them out.  I can get whole chickens for around .89/lb.

• RosePetalTears
    August 19, 2013 at 3:58 PM

no aldi here.  I have walmart, king soopers, albertsons, safeway and sprouts

Quoting Stacie03:

If you have an Aldi in your area check them out.  I can get whole chickens for around .89/lb.

• Stacie03
    August 19, 2013 at 9:19 PM
    Boo! :( Aldi's has some really great deals

Quoting RosePetalTears:

no aldi here.  I have walmart, king soopers, albertsons, safeway and sprouts

Quoting Stacie03:

• DawnPratt23
    August 20, 2013 at 1:21 AM

prices do seem to be increasing faster than normally. I asked our local meat dept when they mark near expired meat down, I buy it then and cook it when I get home and freeze it. Helps a little

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN