Featured Posts
DawnPratt23
It is Worth the cost
February 8, 2013 at 12:26 PM

a few months back I had placed blackout curtains in the bedrooms. With the temps falling below 0 some nights, I have invested in more of these for other rooms. I bought the Eclipse Blackout curtains. This was the lowest grade of the 3 types. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Eclipse-Samara-Blackout-Energy-Efficient-Curtain/15734048

My kitchen window over the sink was the worse, would develope ice on the inside after I did dishes. Not anymore since I replaced the curtain.

Replies

• michiganmom116
    February 8, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Have you noticed a change in energy use?

• lillucky8
    Jen
    February 8, 2013 at 12:43 PM
    Awesome! I need to do that for our windows. I plastic them but dont have the blackout curtains.
  • AzariahsMother
    February 8, 2013 at 12:47 PM

This was my thought too. 

Quoting michiganmom116:

• DawnPratt23
    February 8, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Last year it wasn't nearly as cold as this year so I can't compare the two winters. I have noticed this year that our bill went from 126 in Dec., to 95. for January. My husband keeps the heat a little higher than most and January has been our coldest month so far. We are expecting another storm this weekend. The reports I get from our electric company did state we used less. Let me scan that and share it.

Quoting michiganmom116:

• Anniea90
    February 8, 2013 at 1:04 PM

we got them because we caught a neighbor lookin in... long story. Money and energy wise, idk if they are worth it

• DawnPratt23
    February 8, 2013 at 1:05 PM
    That was why we got them to. I've noticed a difference in the rooms they weren't before the storms we've been getting.

Quoting Anniea90:

we got them because we caught a neighbor lookin in... long story. Money and energy wise, idk if they are worth it

• Anniea90
    February 8, 2013 at 1:08 PM

my room is where we put ours. it just to get really hot in the summer and this yr even on the hottest days it didnt seem too. i also am a fan of the dark. so its nice that i can block the world out if i need to

Quoting DawnPratt23:

That was why we got them to. I've noticed a difference in the rooms they weren't before the storms we've been getting.

Quoting Anniea90:

• thefiregoddess
    February 8, 2013 at 1:09 PM
    I have the same ones. I noticed a difference in usage... with air conditioning.
  • boshs1andonly
    February 8, 2013 at 1:11 PM

this is kind of why I want to get them, although it does get pretty cold here too. We have two sets of french doors and I don't like feeling like someone is looking in at me and dd. I leave the lights on all day and my MIL (who was here yesterday) was like, why don't you just open the shades? I didn't answer her though, but I just prefer to keep those closed. 

Quoting Anniea90:

• Anniea90
    February 8, 2013 at 1:13 PM

We caught someone looking in and I think he has done it before. Not sure if he was looking at me (I was changing my shirt) or DD (she was in her panties getting ready for bed). So for my peace of mind they were worth the cost. 

Quoting boshs1andonly:

this is kind of why I want to get them, although it does get pretty cold here too. We have two sets of french doors and I don't like feeling like someone is looking in at me and dd. I leave the lights on all day and my MIL (who was here yesterday) was like, why don't you just open the shades? I didn't answer her though, but I just prefer to keep those closed. 

Quoting Anniea90:

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts