Featured Posts
DawnPratt23
Just need to vent
February 6, 2013 at 10:53 AM

So over a year ago our base decided you could no longer bring kids to the appt, not unless it was their appointments. So I stopped going to well check ups and they have been calling me telling me that I need to come in for myself. The kids are seen when they are really sick, which is hardly ever. My last appt for the growth on my thyroid the doctor sat there and went into detail about his weekend camping date, not my thyroid. So I just gave up on it. Well they are holding a meeting today and want to hear from the people. Ask those that are inconvenience about this arrangement to get on standard care if they dont like it or pay the base child care to watch kids. Then I found out they no longer allow for back to back appts, but have to be scheduled multiple times. Which appts are impossible to get to begin with, and then my hubby has to take time off. This is the dumbest most entitled policy I have ever experienced, kids exist in this world-get over it.

Replies

• JakeandEmmasMom
    February 6, 2013 at 11:50 AM
    That is just crazy! So sorry you're dealing with that. Hopefully they will hear from enough people about how inconvenient it is that they will change it.
  • Lillysmom27
    February 6, 2013 at 12:01 PM

That is ridiculous, not everyone can find a babysitter!  I agree if enough people complain, HOPEFULLY it will change. I would definitely keep fighting, You can't ignore your health because of thier policies!  Good luck!

• DawnPratt23
    February 6, 2013 at 12:01 PM
    Other bases are adopting the no kid rule, I personally think it is to reduce costs. If you make it impossible for people to be seen, then you instantly save. :(

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

That is just crazy! So sorry you're dealing with that. Hopefully they will hear from enough people about how inconvenient it is that they will change it.
  • DawnPratt23
    February 6, 2013 at 12:03 PM
    Sadly that's what has been happening. Another thing is if you have 3 kids sick you are to find child care for the other sick kids because they won't combine. Inconsiderate to well kids and families.

Quoting Lillysmom27:

That is ridiculous, not everyone can find a babysitter!  I agree if enough people complain, HOPEFULLY it will change. I would definitely keep fighting, You can't ignore your health because of thier policies!  Good luck!

• AzariahsMother
    February 6, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Sorry :( 

• chrissysnow22
    February 6, 2013 at 3:25 PM
    I'm sorry.. That makes no sense at all!
  • nmaxwell816
    February 6, 2013 at 3:36 PM
    I'm sorry to hear that
  • TheBabyFactory4
    February 6, 2013 at 6:56 PM
    Wow that really sucks. And is stupid. I had a Dr that wouldn't see all 3 of my kids at once. Even if they were with me anyway. She got fired.
  • anotherandree
    February 6, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Yikes.  I used to live on a base and remember that I had to book 6 months out for a "routine" visit once.  I just about died.  I had the flu (and was a spouse) and they told me they could see me in 10 days!  I thought I could, literally, just about die in those 10 days!  I could not imagine how frustrating it would be with kids...  Sorry!

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts