Featured Posts
angel_peanut
please help!!
January 28, 2013 at 1:39 PM

we are just financially drowning and i have no clue where to start trying to save. how do i make my coupons worth it, how to stretch food, how to do ANYTHING that will help us save? we are a family of 7 i am a SAHM...i just recently started looking for work but i need help saving in a bad way....any and all advise would be greatly appreciated ! thank you

Replies

• burch731
    January 28, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Don't use lights during the day, open the blinds instead.  Turn everything off when not in use.  Don't run the dishwasher or washing machine unless completely full.  Turn the washer on cold water instead of hot.  Turn the heat down a few degrees & bundle up.  Cut down on snacking & finding ways to cut the food budget such as no eating out, have a night or two a week without meat.  Unplug everything your not using.  If you have a home phone & cell phone then get rid of one.  

• rebeccadac
    January 28, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Do you have a Save a Lot or Aldi's? Start there! I have noticed a HUGE change in the amount I spend on food! If I am careful I can get over 2 weeks of groceries for about $100 and we have a fam of 5.

Use an off brand or store brand when you can.

We often have meatless dinners, grilled cheese and soup, chili, tostadas etc

I make a lot of soups from scratch and dont use a lot of processed foods

make your own laundry soap and dish washer soap

Save popcan $$ for things like shampoo etc

save your change and roll it you will be amazed at what it can add up to

• NocturnesAngel
    January 28, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Stack manufacturer coupons with store coupons for added savings.

You can also go to the store websites and register your Store Cards for Additional Electronic Savings/Coupons that are added directly to your Store Card.

• AzariahsMother
    January 28, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Meal planning 

• AzariahsMother

shop sales 

• AzariahsMother

clip coupons 

• AzariahsMother

shop b1g1 

• AzariahsMother
    January 28, 2013 at 1:59 PM

buy generics  

• AzariahsMother
    January 28, 2013 at 1:59 PM

buying in bulk can save sometimes 

• Moki75
    by Moki75
    January 28, 2013 at 2:54 PM

first you need to make a solid budget and stick to it. 

then you look at that budget and see what you can cut back on.  do you eat out too much?  Do you spend a lot on cable etc?  Find out where your money goes then you can better see where you can cut back

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts