TonyaO
Ugh! Stupid me!!!
by TonyaO
January 23, 2013 at 9:01 AM
I did a lot of Christmas shopping on line this year, I signed up for the free trial of amazon prime so I could get the free shipping with every intention of canceling it! I even tried to find the number to call earlier this week to cancel, but couldn't find it, then I got busy and forgot. Sure enough $79 was charged to my debit card this am, bringing it close to being overdrawn, thank goodness dh had some extra money I will put in my acct to avoid overdrawing it! Now that it posted to my acct the number to call also posted so I can cancel it! I wonder how long it will take for them to refund the money? Ugh so mad at myself!!!

Replies

• mybratsmom
    January 23, 2013 at 9:32 AM
    That sucks!! I hope they do cancel and refund your money - let us know. Some companies are huge sticklers. Good luck!!
  • JakeandEmmasMom
    January 23, 2013 at 10:00 AM

That happens to me every single time I sign up for something intending to cancel it. 

• pinkcoffeecup
    January 23, 2013 at 10:07 AM

It took like 4 or so days to get my money back.  I never signed up for Amazon Prime.  They just assumed I wanted it.  Charged it to my credit card.   I question the charge on my credit card.  As I have not been using our credit card.  What is this charge.  I didn't know what Amazon Prime was.  Get told to call Amazon. They tell me it's a membership with benefits.  I said I never signed up for it.  They are like.  So you don't want that?   Ummm No.  You either take it off my credit card.  Or I will file charges. They said it takes like 5-7 days to get reimbursed. 

• lizfnf
    by lizfnf
    January 23, 2013 at 10:09 AM

If you use amazon a lot it actually pays to keep it.  My husband did the math before I signed us up and it made sense for us.  And you get free ebooks and movies/tv shows.  Look into it a little more before you cancel.  

• michiganmom116
    January 23, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Quoting lizfnf:

If you use amazon a lot it actually pays to keep it.  My husband did the math before I signed us up and it made sense for us.  And you get free ebooks and movies/tv shows.  Look into it a little more before you cancel.  

...since I don't feel like looking into it at the moment, what are the benefits?  I use Amazon a LOT.

• Lindalou907
    January 23, 2013 at 10:43 AM

My daughter and her husband live in San Fransisco where driving and parking are a nightmare. They order almost everything on line and love Amazon Prime.

• lyrick24
    January 23, 2013 at 12:10 PM

im sorry they charged you. i hope you get your money back.

• jenniferlee_12
    January 23, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Oh wow that is why I didn't sign up because I would forget to cancel. Hope they refund it fast.

• heavensdaughter
    January 23, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Oh, that sucks!  I never sign up for those things just because I know I would forget to cancel!

• lizfnf
    by lizfnf
    January 23, 2013 at 12:46 PM

If you make more than 10 orders a year it already paid for itself.  Everything Prime related is at your door within 2 days, though I have recently had a lot of orders coming in next day.   The free movies and tv shows are terrble.  We found things to watch over the holidays as a family, though more current movies are lacking.  Tons of kids programming though.  If you use the kindle you can "rent" a free book a month.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting lizfnf:

...since I don't feel like looking into it at the moment, what are the benefits?  I use Amazon a LOT.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN