Featured Posts
MsBlueBelle
UPDATE: Rising on ice bread dough recipe. A reply from another post in this group.
January 21, 2013 at 11:01 PM

This is the recipe from Fleischmann's Rising on Ice bread dough.

RAPIDMIX COOLRISE WHITE BREAD

Makes 2 loaves

8 ½ to 9 cups all-purpose flour

3 tablespoons sugar

3 teaspoons of salt

2 packages Fleischmann's active dry yeast equal to 5 teaspoons of active dry yeast (jar style)

1 cup milk

½ cup margarine, softened

2 2/3 cups, very warm tap water

(120-F to 130-F)

Vegetable Oil

In a large bowl thoroughly mix 3 cups flour, sugar, salt and dissolved yeast. Add margarine.

Gradually add tap water to dry ingredients and beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Add ½ cup flour. Beat at high speed 2 minute, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in enough additional flour to make a stiff dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured board; knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 to 12 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap, then a towel. Let rest 20 minutes.

Divide dough in half. Roll each half to an 11 x 9 inch rectangle. Shape into loaves. Place in 2 greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pans. Brush with oil. Cover loosely with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2 to 12 hours.

When ready to bake, remove from refrigerator. Uncover dough carefully. Let stand 10 minutes. Puncture any gas bubbles which may have formed with a greased toothpick or metal skewer. (I use a piece of dry spaghetti)

Bake at 400-F for 35 to 40 minutes, or until done. Remove from baking pans on cool on wire racks.

RECIPE FOR WHEAT BREAD

5 ¾ to 6 ¼ cups all-purpose flour

2 cups whole wheat flour

3 tablespoons of sugar

1 tablespoon of salt

2 packages of Fleischmann's Active Dry Yeast equal to 5 teaspoons of active dry yeast (jar style)

2 cups milk

¾ cup water

¼ cup OR ½ STICK Margarine

Vegetable oil

Combine flours. In a large bowl thoroughly mix 2 and ½ cups of flour mixture, sugar, salt and undissolved yeast.

Combine milk, water and margarine in a saucepan. Heat over low heat until liquids are very warm. (120F-130F) Margarine does NOT need to melt. Gradually add to dry ingredients and beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowls occasionally. Add 1 cup flour mixture. Beat at high speed for 2 minutes scraping the bowl occasionally. Stir in enough additional flour mixture to make a stiff dough. Turn out onto lightly floured board and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap, then a towel. Let rest 20 (twenty) minutes.

Divide dough in half. Roll each half into a 14 x 9 inch rectangle. Shape into loaves. Place in 2 grease 9x5x3 inch loaf pans. Brush loaves with oil and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2 to 24 hours.

When ready to bake, remove from refrigerator. Uncover dough carefully. Let stand 10 minutes. Puncture any gas bubbles which may have formed with a toothpick or metal skewer (I will still use a piece of dry spaghetti)

Bake at 400 F, for about 40 minutes, or until done. Remove from pans and cool on wire racks.

Ps if you do not have racks, use the rack from your toaster over, an old fridge shelf that is made of wires, or two cans of soup, set with a little space between the, and lay the cooked bread on its side. The reason for the side it won't squish the height of the bread nor make those line marks or circle marks on a pretty loaf of bread from the top view)

Replies

• Homeschoolmom99
    January 21, 2013 at 11:03 PM

I use this one as well I add garlic and other things to do to this basic bread

• MsBlueBelle
    January 22, 2013 at 1:06 AM

I like to make cinnamon & raisin bread.  While it is rolled into the rectangle shape, I sprinkle cinnamon sugar and raisins and then roll it up, jelly roll style.  I like that because over night while it is rising on ice, the raisins plump up and the cinnamon seeps into the dough.

• MsBlueBelle
    January 22, 2013 at 4:55 PM

When using this dough for large dinner type rolls, I add a bunch of grated cheese, whatever I have on hand.  Those are great for breakfast, scramble and egg and slice open, the best yummy breakfast sandwich ever.

• caseyloo
    January 23, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Can I use butter instead of margarine?

• JakeandEmmasMom
    January 23, 2013 at 10:03 AM

I have never heard of this before.  How is the texture of the bread?  Is it pretty good?

• MsBlueBelle
    January 23, 2013 at 3:16 PM

I cannot tell the difference from the traditional warm rise recipes.  I like it because it has a finer texture than a rye bread type, it has more of a chance to rise and the dough relaxes to there are no big bubble holes inside. 

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts