Featured Posts
MaskedMomma
200 or so cans of vegis
January 20, 2013 at 12:21 PM

vegis were on sale at bhelers for 30cents a can so we went and got over 200 of them. last week giant eagle had steak,roast,pork chops,and ribs on BOGO. between all of that I think we're pretty set.

Replies

• michiganmom116
    January 20, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Wow, that's a GREAT deal!

• EDDES
    by EDDES
    January 20, 2013 at 12:24 PM

woohoo 

• NocturnesAngel
    January 20, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Awesome :)

• mamabearlehman
    January 20, 2013 at 12:32 PM

WOW! Awesome deal! Where do you store it all?

• EmmasMommy2011
    January 20, 2013 at 12:32 PM

that is awesome! 

• MaskedMomma
    January 20, 2013 at 1:17 PM

well a few months ago I got a deep freezer so $185 is what I spent on meat that was bogo so like close to $400 worth of meat is in there right now, plus a bunch of butter I got for like 60cent a box at the holidays,and 10lbs of cheese is in there too.

my cuboards have mostly grains in them, like noodles,spagetti,cereal ect. went to GFS and got the noodles, pb & nutella. get jelly, cereal,tortillas at the actual groocery stores,recently got a bunch of pb crunch at save-a lot for $1.49 each on sale. I also keep dry drink stuff in there. tea-bags, instant breakfast mixes, some kool-aid & coffee.

SO built me a lil pantry he got at menards for like $50 awhile back,like last summer. he didn't want to but I bet him I could go to the store and get a "todays savings of" $50 or more.if I did it I got the pantry. I wooped him with that one giant eagle had laundry detergent for half off and I had coupons. I spent $2 on 20 bottles lol.

anyways the pantry has a top and bottom. top half I store baking suplies (sugar,flour,choc chips,pudding & jello some mixes) most of which I just got over the holidays. bottom half I store cans.excess cans go under the kitchen sink w/ all the 2ltrs. 

I've finally gotten to the point again where I can mostly just shop sales. it took me like 6 months to get  back to this point, a lot of it happening this month.(last year was a rough one we depleted our stockpile before the baby was even born) ButI've spent like $500 total this month. We budget $400 in case there is something super good, I normaly only spend about $200 a month though. Before you ask it's me & him, a 6yr old, 2 3yr olds, and a 4month old (who I'm nursing). We also feed at least one meal a week to another family or two.

Quoting mamabearlehman:

WOW! Awesome deal! Where do you store it all?

• pinkcoffeecup
    January 20, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Wow that's a good deal.  I need to find a good deal on staple items.  Sometimes stores have a sale. But never at 30 cents a can of veggies. 

• lillucky8
    Jen
    January 20, 2013 at 1:49 PM
    Awesome!
  • OBImomma
    January 20, 2013 at 1:50 PM
    That's awesome!! Wish they'd do that here somewhere
  • MaskedMomma
    January 20, 2013 at 2:08 PM

they said it's a yearly sale.Maybe next year I can figure out what a years worth would be for us and buy enough lol

Quoting pinkcoffeecup:

Wow that's a good deal.  I need to find a good deal on staple items.  Sometimes stores have a sale. But never at 30 cents a can of veggies. 

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN