Featured Posts
mommy06and09
this seems like a lot to me
January 19, 2013 at 2:37 PM
i was looking at a produce delivery system to try and encourage my family to eat them. the thing is its $25 a week. that seems like a lot to spend on produce. what do you think?

Replies

• Amberleigh81
    January 19, 2013 at 2:40 PM
    I do it. It's awesome!!! I have a hard time eating it all, I get so much. It forces me to eat new things, and I spend less at the store because I already have so much at home.

I am in NC and do theproducebox.com.
  • mommy06and09
    January 19, 2013 at 2:49 PM
    the problem i see with it is that my family doesnt eat produce very often. we probably only spend $25 per month on it now so we would have to multiply that by 4. the upside would be that my kids would eat that instead of crackers.

Quoting Amberleigh81:

I do it. It's awesome!!! I have a hard time eating it all, I get so much. It forces me to eat new things, and I spend less at the store because I already have so much at home.

• ColieO
    by ColieO
    January 19, 2013 at 2:58 PM
    Depends on the amount. I can easily spend $40a week on produce. I do Bountiful Baskets sometimes and it's only $15 for a laundry basket full. For me, it's worth it. We eat a lot of fresh foods though.
  • Amberleigh81
    January 19, 2013 at 3:00 PM
    See, I felt like it FORCED me to eat more produce since I had already paid for it. Since that money came out of my grocery budget, I had less money for other groceries so I had to get creative. So instead of eating chips and salsa, I would eat cucumbers and carrots, etc...

Quoting mommy06and09:

the problem i see with it is that my family doesnt eat produce very often. we probably only spend $25 per month on it now so we would have to multiply that by 4. the upside would be that my kids would eat that instead of crackers.

Quoting Amberleigh81:

• AzariahsMother
    January 19, 2013 at 4:26 PM

What is it?

• michiganmom116
    January 19, 2013 at 4:46 PM

We eat plenty of healthy veggies and it would be worth the $25 for us....if we didn't already have a huge garden in the summer.

As it is, I plan to work at a local CSA garden this summer and in payment for 40 hours of work total, I'll get a box of produce every week.

• ziff130
    by ziff130
    January 19, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Normally those come with TONS of veggies. You can always can the stuff you don't eat or make a cobbler or something. FUn! I wish we had something like that here. We used to but they went out of business in our area. :(

• caseyloo
    January 19, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Wow, I've been looking at it since you posted.  This sounds great!

• mommy06and09
    January 19, 2013 at 5:13 PM
    its where companies or farmers box and ship produce to your door.

Quoting AzariahsMother:

What is it?

• AzariahsMother
    January 19, 2013 at 5:14 PM

Oh ok

Quoting mommy06and09:

its where companies or farmers box and ship produce to your door.

Quoting AzariahsMother:

What is it?

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN