Frugalistas

Featured Posts
ColieO
I need help
by ColieO
October 12, 2012 at 2:03 PM
We just got notice that 4 of our bills are going to be substantially raised. I'm going to pick up extra hours at work, but what else can we do? And it's not luxury bills. Health insurance, water/sewage, gas and property taxes. Our savings is already pretty much gone because of some unexpected expenses earlier this year, so I'm really panicking. We do coupon for groceries, though not extreme. We have a food supply set up. I just don't know what to do about our other bills. Our gas, for cars, is $161 more than we spent before my husband took a job further away. We looked into public transportation but he doesn't have the flexibility on time to make it work. He's currently looking for a closer job, but that's stressful. We don't spend more than we have. I honestly can't think of where to cut back! Help!

Replies

• KenzieQsMommy
    October 12, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Most places allow you to call and rearrange your due by date. It ususally takes a billing cycle but its worth a shot.

Quoting ColieO:

I doubt it. We don't qualify for any assistance. We can make it, but like this month we have no idea how we are going to pay our car payment, mortgage and everything on one check because of how everything falls this month. And with the increase in costs... I just don't know.

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

MaNn that stinks...I'm sorry. Maybe you qualify for something like SupperSolutions. We have them in our area and you buy packages for complete meal sets and I believe its on a sliding scale or something

Quoting ColieO:

We have the gas on a payment plan, but they don't have anything for the water.

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Can you see if your state can help with sewage/water? Sometimes they offer assistance

• ColieO
    by ColieO
    October 12, 2012 at 4:23 PM
    The ones that are due at the end of the month can't be rearranged. We've moved everything we could to the middle of the month. I'm just praying my commission check is here next week instead of the week after.

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Most places allow you to call and rearrange your due by date. It ususally takes a billing cycle but its worth a shot.

Quoting ColieO:

I doubt it. We don't qualify for any assistance. We can make it, but like this month we have no idea how we are going to pay our car payment, mortgage and everything on one check because of how everything falls this month. And with the increase in costs... I just don't know.

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

MaNn that stinks...I'm sorry. Maybe you qualify for something like SupperSolutions. We have them in our area and you buy packages for complete meal sets and I believe its on a sliding scale or something

Quoting ColieO:

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Can you see if your state can help with sewage/water? Sometimes they offer assistance

• KenzieQsMommy
    October 12, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Man that sucks!! Good luck!!

Quoting ColieO:

The ones that are due at the end of the month can't be rearranged. We've moved everything we could to the middle of the month. I'm just praying my commission check is here next week instead of the week after.

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Quoting ColieO:

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Quoting ColieO:

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

• michiganmom116
    October 13, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Can you opt for a lower cost health insurance plan?

• michiganmom116
    October 13, 2012 at 3:24 PM

You do a fabulous job decorating cakes and other goodies, and the holidays are coming up FAST!  How about doing some baking/selling from your home?  That could bring in extra.

• michiganmom116
    October 13, 2012 at 3:25 PM

That really bites about the cost of gas...maybe look for a more fuel efficient vehicle for him? 

• michiganmom116
    October 13, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Hey, does anyone live near you that he could carpool with?  Maybe even drive to their house then chip in a little for their gas?

• ColieO
    by ColieO
    October 13, 2012 at 4:23 PM
    We're on the lowest one lol.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Can you opt for a lower cost health insurance plan?

• ColieO
    by ColieO
    October 13, 2012 at 4:25 PM
    I do from time to time. Profit sucks though. Usually on a $50 cake I'm lucky to make $20 profit.

As far as gas goes, he drives a car that gets 28mpg. It's not bad. He's the only one on his shift so no one to carpool with. Plus it's 45 minutes one way and everybody else lives closer by.

Quoting michiganmom116:

You do a fabulous job decorating cakes and other goodies, and the holidays are coming up FAST!  How about doing some baking/selling from your home?  That could bring in extra.

• lnk8522
    by lnk8522
    October 15, 2012 at 10:06 AM
    Maybe he can see if his company does any sort of incentive for people who live father away.if they value him and he let's then know he's going to have to find different employment because of the commute, maybe they'll give him a gas card or a fuel reimbursement?

Quoting ColieO:

I do from time to time. Profit sucks though. Usually on a $50 cake I'm lucky to make $20 profit.

As far as gas goes, he drives a car that gets 28mpg. It's not bad. He's the only one on his shift so no one to carpool with. Plus it's 45 minutes one way and everybody else lives closer by.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Frugalistas

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts