Featured Posts
a_and_j_momma
Pumpkin Ravioli
October 10, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Yum!!!

The pasta dough is simply 5 eggs, 1 tablespoon of salt, 1 tablespoon of olive oil & 3 cups of all-purpose flour. If you own a pasta maker, this will be easy. If not, you'll get to do this by hand like me! (:

In a small bowl, beat the eggs, salt & olive oil. In a large bowl, place the flour and pour in the egg mixture. Stir with a fork and fold together until all of the egg mixture is absorbed and the dough forms into a sticky ball. Flour your hands and divide the dough into 3 separate ones. Knead each dough a bit to form it into a ball. Cover each in cellophane and refrigerate for a few hours.

Roll out the ball of dough as flat as you can get it. I cut mine into squares with a knife, but you could use a cookie cutter for a different shape or to get it more exact. I liked mine imperfect... rustic. (;

After you've cut the dough into squares, it helped me to roll each square a bit more before scooping on the pumpkin mixture. Place another square on top, and using a fork, press the two pieces of dough together at the edges, which creates a pretty border.

For the simple pumpkin filling: 1 can of pumpkin, 1 cup of Pecorino {or Ricotta}, 2 Teaspoons of Nutmeg, 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon, and a dash of salt and pepper.

Once you've finished putting together the raviolis, place them in a pot of well sea-salted boiling water until they rise to the top. About 3-4 minutes. Carefully scoop them out into a colander to drain.

Melt 3 tablespoons of butter. Just before it starts to brown, add fresh rosemary and thyme leaves stirring until the butter slightly browns. Pour over raviolis... take a deep breath before you inhale the whole plate... and enjoy!

Replies

• tazmidgiefairy
    October 11, 2012 at 1:05 AM
    Have you tried these
  • a_and_j_momma
    October 11, 2012 at 1:25 AM
    Quoting tazmidgiefairy:

Have you tried these

At a restaurant with brown butter sauce. Haven't made homemade yet but will now
  • tazmidgiefairy
    October 11, 2012 at 1:43 AM
    I want try it

Quoting a_and_j_momma:

Quoting tazmidgiefairy:

Have you tried these

At a restaurant with brown butter sauce. Haven't made homemade yet but will now

• TheBabyFactory4
    October 11, 2012 at 1:44 AM
    Interesting
  • mylittlelife82
    October 11, 2012 at 2:31 AM
    Yum! I have a pasta machine. Will def. try this. I love anything pumpkin.
  • DawnPratt23
    October 11, 2012 at 2:45 AM
    Thank you for sharing.
  • zombiemommy7
    October 11, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Yum

• cherrywaves21
    October 11, 2012 at 9:23 AM
    If my son could talk he would tell he loved you, lol. He's ten months old and loves everything pumpkin! I can't wait to make these!!
  • AzariahsMother
    October 11, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Hmmm I wonder if they are good.

Anyone make them?

• matreshka
    October 11, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Thanks so much for the recipe, I usually end up buying it.  So many good recipes I've seen today.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN