Dakee
veggie help
by Dakee
October 7, 2012 at 7:16 PM

I need veggie help, & ways to cook them! Or good sides. I have been doing frozen mixed veggies, coined carrots,plain peas & green beans, salads,etc. How can I add more variety and get my kids to eat them? I have been looking at the Sneaky Chef for ideas but I hope to find other recipes as well. I have one child who doesn't like salad, one who doesn't like green beans or peas, and one who loves all of that so we aren't catering to them. We serve it and make them at least try it a few times. Please share your recipes!!!thank you

Replies

• lillucky8
    Jen
    October 7, 2012 at 9:09 PM
    I sneak pureed veggies into my homemade sauce and chili
  • a_and_j_momma
    October 7, 2012 at 10:13 PM
    I just season them different ways and often add them to what I am making
  • arkansasmama08
    October 7, 2012 at 10:17 PM
    Lol I do the same thing so I'm no help. Mine will eat baby carrots raw too
  • jazzgirl205
    October 7, 2012 at 10:21 PM

DD will only eat vegetables raw.  I make a plate of carrot sticks, broccoli, and fresh spinach with abowl of ranch dressing for dipping.  I make it attractive as if I'm bringing it to a party.  Also we have some sort of dessert that she cannot have unless she eats a decent amount of veggies.

• chrissysnow22
    October 8, 2012 at 2:03 AM
    Roasted cauliflower is good I just marinate it in a little olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. You can sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese over it the last few minutes.

We do a stir fry with carrots, broccoli, onion, seasoned with soy sauce, lemon juice, salt, and sugar.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts