What are some of your favorite frugal recipes? Please share with the rest of us!!
By bullwinkle on March 13, 2004
Photo by AllThingsMamma137 Reviews
- Prep Time: 0 mins
- Total Time: 1 hrs
- Servings: 6
About This Recipe
"This recipe is from the back of a Kraft Cheese wrapper that I have had forever. Our favorite add-ins are chopped ham, chopped broccoli and mushrooms. Prep. time is not included."
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 1 dash pepper
- Toss cheddar cheese with flour.
- Add milk, eggs, and parmesan cheese (if using), and pepper; mix well.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake at 350* for 50-60 minutes or until set.
- Variations: Add 10 oz. pkg frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained and 4 oz. can sliced mushrooms, drained.
- Add 1 cup finely chopped ham, 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper, and 1/4 cup chopped pimentos.
- Add 8 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled and 1/4 cup chopped green onions.
- Substitute 1 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese for the cheddar cheese.
- Add a 4 oz, pkg. sliced pepperoni, 4 oz. can sliced mushrooms, drained and 1/4 teaspoon oregano leaves, crushed.
- Top with thin tomato slices just before serving.
- Add 1/2 lb. bulk pork sausage cooked and drained; 10 oz. pkg. frozen chopped spinach, cooked and well drained; 1/4 cup chopped onion and a dash of garlic powder.