Love & Marriage

dallascowboys82
Hoping we can get back to loving eachother
April 22, 2013 at 10:40 PM
So after a month my dh finally went to the doctor. He was dx with depression. I knew that was coming. For the last two or three months we were pulling apart. I went into deep depression from loosing my dad. He unblocked a ex girlfriend and started talking to her. This girl is Crazy..and I mean she has threaten me, she even tried saying my husband was with her in KY when my dad died. Um..he was in New Jersey with me. She claims all kinds of crap. She makes herself sick and has broken her ankle on purpose to get attention. So while he was talking to her, I went looking else where. The only line I crossed was looking for confront in a guy friend. And things went down hill from there. He now doesn't trust me, and I am going back to therapy doctor.
So I am hoping with him getting help he needs and the help that I need..we can get back to loving each other and getting back to being a family.

Replies

• MagicTemptation
    April 23, 2013 at 12:29 AM

I am sorry you are going through this. Is all you did was talk to the guy friend? The trust issue goes both ways... I hope you can work things out.

• Mom2wife1
    April 23, 2013 at 12:42 AM

(Hugs)

• Myshon
    by Myshon
    April 23, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Loving someone that suffers from depression is extremely difficult. I hope for your family that he continues therapy. My husband won't go........ I've been married  to depression for almost 14 yrs. Good luck with yours. 

• AlannaMaria
    April 23, 2013 at 8:17 AM
    * big hugs*
  • littlemrsd
    April 23, 2013 at 9:53 AM

I hope that you all work everything out, I hope that what ever you did to get comfort from another guy won't further hurt your relationship. To me that's cheating, anything that is looking for something in another man. Your mind wondered away from your husband. Every couple has a different concept with in their relationship that is cheating. I understand how living with someone that is depressed can be difficult. Do you know what causes it, problems in your relationship, money issues, not liking his career? I understand that you are depressed from recent events (loosing your dad, husband is depressed), but have you thought of getting help to. Fixing your relationship isn't just up to him, him feeling better wont magically make your relationship any better if you don't fix the problems in it, like him talking to the girl or you going to find another man for comfort which honestly sounds like what he is doing to. Now you both need to pick up and start fresh, build your relationship again. Start trusting each other, give each other account passwords, share your cell phone, and anything else that will help you both trust each other. Cut off contact with anyone hurting your relationship, even if its family. At least for the time being. Don't let pride ruin your relationship, admit where you have been wrong. Support your husband during this time & let him know you need support to. Join together to work on your relationship. Marriage is 100% only divorce is 50/50. Do something together that's fun, laugh a lot and let go of all the hurt for a while. Today's a new day, a new start. Good luck. 

• furbabymum
    April 23, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Good luck to you both. I hope you've both learned a valuable lesson.

• 24clark
    by 24clark
    April 23, 2013 at 1:58 PM
    I am so sorry you and your husband are going through this. Life is so difficult at times and it can be hard to figure out which way to go and where to focus your energy to speed through the hardship the quickest way possible. The advise below is SPOT ON!!!! I couldn't agree more. I believe in the power of prayer and will pray for you both. Fight for your marriage, it is worth it! Hugs!
    Quoting littlemrsd:

I hope that you all work everything out, I hope that what ever you did to get comfort from another guy won't further hurt your relationship. To me that's cheating, anything that is looking for something in another man. Your mind wondered away from your husband. Every couple has a different concept with in their relationship that is cheating. I understand how living with someone that is depressed can be difficult. Do you know what causes it, problems in your relationship, money issues, not liking his career? I understand that you are depressed from recent events (loosing your dad, husband is depressed), but have you thought of getting help to. Fixing your relationship isn't just up to him, him feeling better wont magically make your relationship any better if you don't fix the problems in it, like him talking to the girl or you going to find another man for comfort which honestly sounds like what he is doing to. Now you both need to pick up and start fresh, build your relationship again. Start trusting each other, give each other account passwords, share your cell phone, and anything else that will help you both trust each other. Cut off contact with anyone hurting your relationship, even if its family. At least for the time being. Don't let pride ruin your relationship, admit where you have been wrong. Support your husband during this time & let him know you need support to. Join together to work on your relationship. Marriage is 100% only divorce is 50/50. Do something together that's fun, laugh a lot and let go of all the hurt for a while. Today's a new day, a new start. Good luck. 

• MamaJ8329
    April 23, 2013 at 2:00 PM

I'm sorry you are going through this. I am feeling disconnected from my dh lately too. I have also recently lost my father. I hope that it works out for both of you and that you are able to find your way back to each other. Good luck

• Serenity7
    April 23, 2013 at 2:50 PM

((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))

photo purple4_zps2427d0c6.png

• MomToovey
    April 23, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Healing from a betrayal like that will take time. Now that you are both getting the help you need, I think it'll be easier for you to communicate to each other - always be honest and upfront about everything, and that trust will build.

Good luck.

Love & Marriage