Love & Marriage

Featured Posts
angel_peanut
proud but hurt
March 27, 2013 at 10:50 PM
My daughter is 12yra old and her school is doing bald for bucks. Her and 1 other girl in her school are going to have there heads shaved and there hair donated. Tomorrow is the day and its being done at a assembly so I of course with be there for her. No words can begin to explain how proud I am of her I'm just upset that it's not important enough to DH to take a hour or 2 off of work to be there to support her. It's not that he can't take the time it's he won't take the time :(

Replies

• mommyspalace
    March 28, 2013 at 6:44 AM
    I'd be one proud mama too, sorry about dh
  • CutieCrab
    March 28, 2013 at 8:36 AM

I guess he can be proud w/o being there.

• kjbugsmom1517
    March 28, 2013 at 8:38 AM
    Aww thats so sweet! Its ur hubbys loss. U can have ALL the proudness :)
  • AleaKat
    by AleaKat
    March 28, 2013 at 8:39 AM
    Has he said why?

I'd be very proud of her as well!
  • joshsgirl12
    March 28, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Aww thats awesome of her

• AlannaMaria
    March 28, 2013 at 2:19 PM
    That's so sweet of her to
    Do that! What an awesome daughter you have!! My best friends mother was diagnosed with breast cancer a few years back and my best friend and her hair dresser both shaved their heads so that her mom wasn't the only one bald. I thought that was the coolest thing that they did that for her. Sorry that your DH isn't going, his loss! Have a great time and bring lots of tissues.
  • raisingmen
    March 28, 2013 at 2:26 PM
    That is awesome, please let her know we think this and she is amazing. She is going to answer a mothers prayers and make another child so happy. It is a little sad Daddy won't be there but she is obviously a brave strong girl and will be in our thoughts
  • mrs.hartman12
    March 28, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Maybe he is upset she is shaving her head, but doesn't want to show it because of why she is? My husband would cry like a big old baby if my daughter cut her hair, let alone shaved it. 

• CotterpinDoozer
    March 28, 2013 at 3:25 PM

What a wonderful thing your daughter is doing! Has your DH said why he won't take time off? Well, you go and you be extra proud!

• xoxRachelxox
    March 28, 2013 at 3:34 PM

This is what I was going to say. 

He may be upset that she's shaving her head. Even though it's an amazing thing for her to do, he may be upset about it. 

Quoting mrs.hartman12:

Maybe he is upset she is shaving her head, but doesn't want to show it because of why she is? My husband would cry like a big old baby if my daughter cut her hair, let alone shaved it. 

Love & Marriage

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN