Love & Marriage

pookie4907
Hubby and I start marriage counseling tomorrow :/ UPDATE
March 26, 2013 at 7:03 PM

And honestly I'm nervous as hell.

We've gone once before...Back in '09-'10, we went for a total of 5 months.  It helped us then, and I'm hoping it helps us now.  But we're so far into this mess we've created that I'm afraid there's no helping us.  I'm afraid 2 deployments and multiple lengthy training exercises have changed my husband for the worst, and as much as I try to talk to him and get him to understand what it's doing to our family, he just doesn't see what the problem is.  We are both on anti-depressants, and I'm also on an anti-anxiety additive as well.  I'm hoping by us going to counseling together again, we will get somewhere and be able to start fixing our problems and turn our relationship back into a loving one, instead of me feeling like the kids and I are just a burden to him.  

We only get 6 sessions with his squadron chaplain, and then after that he can refer us to an actual therapist if he thinks we need more...And I'm hoping he does because I know 6 sessions isn't enough.

3/28 UPDATE:

Well we went to our first session yesterday.  It went really well.  So far the chaplain seems to be pretty fair and unbiased.  We discussed the big major issues that brought us to see him, discussed where we want our relatioship to be, etc.  Right off the bat, he said we will be doing more than 6 sessions with him.  I guess he thinks our issues are that serious, that he wants to spend more time with us than he usually spends doing marital counseling.  Which I am happy about.  He didn't say how many sessions, just more than the normal 6.  We will be seeing him every Wednesday morning unless something comes up with my husband's work, at which point we will reschedule as soon as possible.  

The chaplain did give us a few things to work on at home until our next session.  He gave us each an "assessment" to do, just basically so he can get a feel on how we view each other and our relationship.  

Replies

• gonecrazi
    March 26, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Good luck..I hope it helps.

• Zazayam
    by Zazayam
    March 26, 2013 at 7:47 PM

That's great, I hope you get everything worked out! :)

• charley31
    March 26, 2013 at 7:51 PM
    Good luck! Itsa great first step. My husband and I jist started marriage counseling and I was soo nervous but it helps.
  • Krysden
    by Krysden
    March 26, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Good Luck

• alexareh
    March 27, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Best of luck to your dear

• Mom2wife1
    March 27, 2013 at 12:55 AM

Good luck!

• USMCwife0530
    March 27, 2013 at 1:09 AM
    Both of you are doing the right thing in going to counseling. As a military wife myself (and a few deployments under my belt and one to begin this summer) I know what you're going through. I pray it works out! ((Hugs))
  • 2lilmamas
    March 27, 2013 at 1:09 AM
    Great move. Im sure will be a good helpful experience.
  • CrystalPystol
    March 27, 2013 at 2:20 AM

Good luck. I hope everything works out for the best hon!

• bmcandmmh
    March 27, 2013 at 2:21 AM
    If i may ask what exactly are the issues you are having? Cheating?

Love & Marriage