Love & Marriage

Featured Posts
momof1want1mor
planning a wedding what do I do
February 27, 2013 at 1:00 PM
So I have finally gotten a date set but I am trying to do this in the most inexpensive way but in a way where it is still traditional with a wedding gown my guests are more interested in dancing and drinking than they are about food. So I'm at a loss. Any suggestions would be awesome thank you! !!

Replies

• Krysden
    by Krysden
    February 28, 2013 at 8:59 PM

We didn't have a meal at our wedding reception.... just cake, punch, nuts & mints.   We didn't have dancing either.... everybody just hung out and talked and ate cake.   That worked nicely, as it was just a small wedding and pretty much everybody knew each other.   Unless you are set on a new dress you can probably find a used dress pretty afforably.  I got mine at a boutique that sold prom dresses and wedding dresses for a really good price.   I was able to find some of the decorations at dollar stores, got my cake from Wal-mart.   All our pics were taken with 35mm cameras and then we got the film developed and enlarged our favorites.  I'm sure there are more things but that's just off the top of my head.

• Carol1126
    March 2, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Know the feeling.. we had back to back weddings - 2 in 11 months.. so saving money was a big challenge.. you  can look at our family album and see some of the things we did to save money and both weddings were beautiful and everyone had fun .. here's our planning a wedding album with ton of ideas and pictures for what we did from the shower to the rehearsal dinner to planning the reception.  Good luck and enjoy, it is a fun time!

• justpeachy71904
    March 2, 2013 at 3:53 PM
    We have planned our wedding for 150 guests in 7 months with under 3000. Now let me explain that without my husbands sister and brother owning a group of rest. This would not have been doable. But I have done all of the centerpieces myself. DIY as much as you can! I say not only interest but then get on freecycle and ask if anyone is offering to help out!

Girl people threw wine bottles at me when I asked! Also, a local company or florist might be willing to help out, just ask! No harm no fowl. If you have time ask if volunteering between now and then could work as payment ;)

Also find a dress you love and look on Craigslist! I did and bought mine for $100. Had it altered for 50. After adding amazing details and straps I have a custom gown for under $300!

The possibilities are endless!

Also a family friend's brother is doing our photos for $275. He is a professional photog. An amazing photog. I am shocked at what just asking will accomplish! People love to hlp people out!

Love & Marriage

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN