Love & Marriage

NDADanceMom
I don't want presents
February 14, 2013 at 10:04 PM
I am trying to be appreciative but i don't want presents for vday. I miss spending time with dh. I woke up to hot chocolate and chocolate covered strawberries on my vanity. Dh was leaving as i was waking up. My purse was replaced by a new coach bag. I got 2 dozen roses at work and my favorite sushi was delivered for my lunch. It's late and in in bed alone. Dh has another crisis at work and if i want to see him i have to Skype him at his desk. I can't seem to thank him sincerely. He knows i am disappointed. How do you pretend to be happy with presents you don't want? I only want his time.

Replies

• TXbornmama
    February 14, 2013 at 10:08 PM

sometimes time is hard to come by I would be thankful for the time he spent to get you the gifts that he did.

• Mom2wife1
    February 15, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Sorry u have to be alone :(  I understand what I are saying. My husband and I never spend time together alone. When we do have time together once the kids are finally asleep, he usually falls asleep on the couch after working 14+ hrs a day. I know he's tired but COME ON! 

I think you should definelty talk to him about it. You don't sound unappreciative at all, you clearly miss him. I bet he will understand. I hope you are able to talk to him about it and you two can start having the time together you need. 

Love & Marriage