Love & Marriage

Featured Posts
Garnet131
Husband always wants praise for any little thing he does....
February 13, 2013 at 11:37 PM
My husband likes to be praised for things all of the time when I never get any. At all. Ever. How should I deal with this? I think he is so immature sometimes. I was thinking about making him one of those gold star charts like the ones for kids. Every day that he does something that he feels proud of, I should give him a gold star. What do you think?

Replies

• frankiesma530
    February 13, 2013 at 11:38 PM

I think you're going to start an argument with that chart.  lol

• masonmomma
    February 13, 2013 at 11:39 PM
    Lol
    Sounds like you married a male...
  • sadiebug1228
    February 13, 2013 at 11:41 PM
    Lol sounds like my df and just about every guy I know lol

I ignore it and when he tells me he did something I just say great where's my award for the crap I do all the time. And he usually walks away and never mentions it again. But it's a good way to make him shut up
  • AnGLInterrupted
    February 14, 2013 at 1:43 AM

LOL I think you should do it!!  Honestly this is a LOT of men.  They want acknowledgement that they accomplished something!  They constantly seek approval.  They are like kids in a way.  

(not trying to sound mean..  just honest LOL)

• MixedCooke
    February 14, 2013 at 1:52 AM

yep men tend to be like that.  yeah the chart will cause problems.  Just a simple "yes dear, good job" might suffice.

• pittymama
    February 14, 2013 at 1:54 AM

uh. sounds like the male species. doing a "gold star chart" is only going to belittle him. 

• kblossom20
    February 14, 2013 at 2:04 AM
    Lmao that chart idea is hilarious!!! I'd probably do it if df annoyed me to that point ;p
  • KimTaylor76
    February 14, 2013 at 2:07 AM
    My hubby does the same thing, I don't have to deal with it much cuz he does close to nothing around the house in order for him to mention it lol. But when he does I just say "thanks babe, I appreciate it" and that settles it.
  • DieselsMom
    February 14, 2013 at 4:17 AM

You sound kind of rude...give him the props he wants....make him feel appreciated! why is that so hard?

• briebaby123
    February 14, 2013 at 4:50 AM

He may not understand, or he may not be able to tell you in the way he wants how good of a job you're doing. My husband told me that the other day...that I do so much, he just doesn't know how to tell me. 

It may also be your husbands "love language" . He needs praise and words of encouragement to fill up his cup and make him feel loved.  

Love & Marriage

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN