Love & Marriage

Featured Posts
Garnet131
Husband always wants praise for any little thing he does....
February 13, 2013 at 11:37 PM
My husband likes to be praised for things all of the time when I never get any. At all. Ever. How should I deal with this? I think he is so immature sometimes. I was thinking about making him one of those gold star charts like the ones for kids. Every day that he does something that he feels proud of, I should give him a gold star. What do you think?

Replies

• Garnet131
    February 15, 2013 at 12:56 AM
    In my family, the men make sure their women are happy and taken care of. The woman comes first. On my husband's side of the family, the women make sure the men are taken care of. The man comes first. This is the reason why I feel that MY needs are always put on the back burner. It's tough. And I was only making a joke with the gold star chart. I know better than to try that in reality! He is just always expecting me to be so proud of him for everything but I don't get any recognition. I guess it all goes back to the way he was raised. Why should I get recognition? I am the woman, it is my JOB to take care of the husband, kids, and all of the chores. And to never complain...
  • biancalina20
    February 15, 2013 at 5:42 AM
    Haha thats very true!

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

LOL I think you should do it!!  Honestly this is a LOT of men.  They want acknowledgement that they accomplished something!  They constantly seek approval.  They are like kids in a way.  

(not trying to sound mean..  just honest LOL)

• armywife0424
    February 15, 2013 at 5:46 AM
    I think the chat would be insulting. He probably feels unappreciated and is looking for you to notice him. My husband and I struggled with this too. Neither was giving praise because we both felt unappreciated. Talk to him about it.
  • TexasWife
    February 15, 2013 at 7:39 AM

Just a little thank you will do. The gold chart will belittle him as pp have said. It will cause a arguement in your marriage. I know it can be frustrating at times. I use to think that my husband never praised me until I noticed his praises are never verbal and if they are they are sort of weird. Such as when I was a sahm he would say "I am so glad I have this place to come home to."

Love & Marriage

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts