Love & Marriage

Featured Posts
mommashiv2012
Bad first marriage...
February 10, 2013 at 2:00 AM
After my first marriage I promised myself I'd never do it again. I've been with my bf, who I have my little girl with, for 3 years and those girly wedding thoughts are trying to creep in and I can't stop them. I'm so close to going insane because I know it will never happenand I'm at a loss. Any tips to control the girly thoughts of happily ever after?

Replies

• Lindalou907
    February 10, 2013 at 5:38 AM

Why do you think it will "never happen"? Lots of people have bad first marriages and go on to have great seconds. Does he have kids other than your daughter?

• Fields456
    February 10, 2013 at 5:46 AM
    Nope lol I had a bad first marriage and said the same thing to myself. I am now happily married going on 4 years. We didn't have a big Girly wedding. For several reasons but we will have a big Girly vow renewal at 5 years in 2014. Don't stop yourself from happiness because of a failed past relationship
  • mommyspalace
    February 10, 2013 at 6:27 AM
    My bf and I have been together almost 4 years, we started dating because we both agreed neither of us wanted to get married, my reason was bad first marriage. I'm in the same boat as u though. I talked to him that for some reason the marriage "never again" cards needed to come off the table, he stands by his decision so here I am playing house :-/ good luck hon xo
  • hplesha
    by hplesha
    February 10, 2013 at 8:33 AM
    Become a wedding planner! That way, you can still plan a wedding, just it isn't good
    yours... yet
  • pristine729
    February 10, 2013 at 8:36 AM
    Well, having a child with him links you to him FOREVER, why not have the paperwork to go with it? ;)
  • armstrong7984
    February 10, 2013 at 11:10 AM

nope i went from a crappy marriage into my 2nd marriage with a man who treats me like a queen, and i absolutely feel like i have a fairy tale life.

• GELiz
    by GELiz
    February 10, 2013 at 2:46 PM

If you are living with him, and have a child- why worry about the "wedding. " I'm sure you want a committment, and I would to. Just go to the justice of peace and then have a nice dinner.  The big fancy weddings begin to be so expensive and are just for show these days. Plus, really there is a happily ever after- but you have to go through a lot of things to get to the ever after.

• mommashiv2012
    February 10, 2013 at 3:04 PM
    It will never happen because he saw all the marriage troubles from his Mom's past and never wants to be in those shoes. He has no other children than our little girl, though he has said he wanted more children with me.

Quoting Lindalou907:

Why do you think it will "never happen"? Lots of people have bad first marriages and go on to have great seconds. Does he have kids other than your daughter?

• mommashiv2012
    February 10, 2013 at 3:11 PM
    My first marriage was done by the j.o.p. I hated it so much because my family wasn't there. So if I ever get married again I want a little ceremony done so that I can have the handfasting done.

Quoting Fields456:

Nope lol I had a bad first marriage and said the same thing to myself. I am now happily married going on 4 years. We didn't have a big Girly wedding. For several reasons but we will have a big Girly vow renewal at 5 years in 2014. Don't stop yourself from happiness because of a failed past relationship

• Fields456
    February 10, 2013 at 3:13 PM
    My first one was at the JP but after hours and our family was there. This marriage was done by a JP. But at my mother in laws house

Quoting mommashiv2012:

My first marriage was done by the j.o.p. I hated it so much because my family wasn't there. So if I ever get married again I want a little ceremony done so that I can have the handfasting done.

Quoting Fields456:

Love & Marriage

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts